The drive back from the party was silent. After Chloe started to dance more... provocatively, Alec forced us to leave.

My mood was already ruined, but I was drunk enough to have the courage to put up a fight when we were being ushered into the car. As Alec drove, with me sitting shot gun and Chloe sitting in the back on the phone, I took the time to look up at the sky.

The stars seemed to be shining brighter, like fireflies in a dark meadow. I continued to stare at them, wishing I was up in the sky instead of being in the situation I was at currently. I could feel Alec's heated gaze, but continued to ignore him. I shut my eyes, enjoying the warm breeze and before I noticed I was drifting off to sleep. The burn on my skin was dull when I woke to Alex's door shutting, signaling we had made it back it his house.

I let out a yawn and stumbled out of the car.

"You got it princess?" Alec looked at me worriedly.

"What's with the nicknames?" I scrunch my nose up at him.

"I'm experimenting, haven't quite decided on one yet." He guided both Chloe and I to the front door.

"I have the perfect name for you, it starts with a 'd' and ends with a 'k'." Chloe muttered under her breath.

I let out a snort as I began the trek up to my bedroom. My skin was on fire by the time I made it to my room, Alec cleared his throat sensing my discomfort.

"I'm fine." I walk to the closet and shut the door behind me.

I grabbed random pajamas and sloppily threw them on, before exiting the closet to find Alec already changed and waiting patiently on my bed. My throat was dry as my gaze dropped to his naked torso. I noticed the green cotton shorts he was wearing matched my pajama set perfectly.

"I'm going to throw up, did you secretly plan to match me or something?" I sneered as I buried myself underneath the covers, my skin rejecting the material as it roughly caressed my legs and arms.

"Trust me. Matching your pajamas was the last thing on my mind." He sat back at the end of the bed, watching me closely.

I picked at an imaginary string that was on the comforter. The drunkness I had felt earlier was disappearing fast as the room started to feel like a furnace. Alex rounded the opposite side of the bed and decided it was a perfect time to make himself comfortable. The bed dipped at his weight, but I continued to ignore him.

The nonexistent string became more interesting as his fingers slowly grazed my arm. My breath hitched at the immediate cooling sensation.

"Let's play a game. I ask you a question and you ask me one." He put an arm behind his head and leaned back, still tracing small patterns on my arm.

"That sounds like the most boring game I've ever heard of." I rolled my eyes and rolled to my side to face him. "But I'm bored, you go first."

"What's your favorite color." He follows suit, rolling to his side to face me.

"Green. No." I stop to think. "Purple. But it also sometimes depends on the day. What's yours?"

"Blue." He creases his brow in thought. "Food?"

"I like pasta and potatoes in any form." The next question I think about, not wanting to upset him but decided to use this opportunity to get some of my questions answered. "What's the bond ceremony?"

He gives me a smirk. "A ceremony for mates to bond."

"Okay, what does one have to do during the ceremony. And before you answer with a stupid ass remark, specifically what do mates do to complete the bonding ceremony." It's a question that's been leering in the back of my mind since being "sick".