"Please come, it won't be the same without you!" Chloe harasses me with a pillow as I sit at my desk, scheduling my homework out for the semester.

School drug by this week, since I have different classes every other day, it was nothing but introductions and going over the syllabus. They told us what the classes would consist of and then handed out our assignments for the semester. Which is what I'm trying to put in my planner now, but can't because Chloe keeps hitting me with a pillow.

"Chloe." I sigh. "I know it's Friday, but the last thing I want to do is go to a party with your brother, again." I pick out another color and start filling out for another class.

"We don't have to go with him! I can have Jake pick us up, or we can Uber." Chloe stops hitting me with her pillow and instead rips my pen out of my hand. "Please Hadley, Alec can be nonexistent tonight."

I turn around in my chair and glare at her. "If I go, he's not allowed to talk to me. I get he's your brother but no talking is allowed. Deal?" I ask.

"I'll gut him if he does." She smiles sweetly.

"Also, he can't touch me." I grab my pen back and turn around.

"Why?" She asks from behind me, digging in her closet.

"I'll sound crazy." I laugh.

"Hadley, if you're my friend, then you're gonna be crazy. It's a given."

"It's just." I pause to glance at her staring at me. "When he does, I feel this..idk it's weird.. this spark? It's hard to explain."

"Hmm." Is all she says.

"Told you, crazy." I laugh again and grab another pen.

"Do you.. does it feel wrong? The feeling?" She gestures at a shirt and I shake my head no.

"Not really. But it's hard to explain something that you don't understand." I get up from my chair and help her sift through her closet for a top. We do this in silence and then she holds up another top.

"Try this on." She tosses at my face and I grab it before it hits me. I flip her off as she laughs and go to change in my bathroom.

It's cute, but it's definitely not a top, but a very tight short dress. It's a black dress with a deep cutout on the chest with two cutouts on the sides, it's giving Maddy from Euphoria vibes.

I walk out of the room with a spin. Chloe whistles. "Okay shawtyyy. Damn that looks good on you."

I flip my hair over my shoulder. "I look good in everything."

Chloe rolls her eyes. "You know what we should do? Straighten your hair! It would look so good with that dress!"

I tense up at the mention of my hair, but 10 minutes later and Chloe is straightening my hair. I can't say no to her.

After 3 hours, my hair and makeup are done and I'm strapping black heels on. Chloe is wearing a red dress that hugs her body perfectly and has a plunging v neckline.

"Take this." She tosses me two of those small shot bottles and I do as she says.

"Let's get fucked up!" Chloe tilts her head back and takes three more.

*

We hop out of Jake's car and link our arms together. Jake was annoyed to drive us at first, but once we got parked we did shots together and he was fine.

It's a different house with more people. I guess the first week of school has everyone ready to be an alcoholic.

We both have different bottles in our opposite hands, Chloe with a mixed rum and me with a mixed vodka.