I wake up in a daze. Chloe grabs my hand and says we will land soon and need to strap in. I don't remember walking out of the room, or the plane landing, or me even walking out of the plane. But I'm somehow here, in an SUV with Chloe gripping my hand as I stare out the window.

Trees whip by into a blur and I find myself dozing off again. I welcome the darkness as it's the only thing I can trust.

After what seems like seconds, strong arms carry me out of the car and from the sparks I immediately know it's Alec. I should fight, kick and scream, but what's the point?

I relish the warmth his body provides and sink further into his arms as I hear a door open. I hear people talking, but keep my eyes shut. Seconds later I'm gently sat down on something silky. Still refusing to open my eyes, I hug my knees to my chest.

"You're home now." Alec says from above me.

I ignore him and continue to stay silent. After what seems like an eternity I hear him let out a sigh. A door softly closes and I open one eye.

I slowly sit up to see I'm in a lavishly furnished room. Two doors are open, one a walk in closet, and the other a master bathroom. One side of the room has giant windows with the curtain drawn, I see a doorknob poking out and assume it's a balcony. Perfect to throw myself off of.

The room is decorated in neutral tones, with hints of earthy colors mixed in. The colors remind me of my dorm room, a room I barely had gotten comfortable in.

The sheets are a silky burnt orange and if I would have been anywhere but here, I would have loved the room.

Unable to move, I force myself under the covers and let the darkness take over my mind once more.

*

Silence. That's all I give anyone who comes into the room. They bring water and food, but I'm unable to stomach anything. I try to stay in the position I arrived in, curled into a ball with my head tucked under the covers.

I haven't showered in days and if I ever do get up, I know my hair is going to matted into a giant knot.

I freeze at the sound of the door opening and push myself further under the covers.

"Lee?" Chloe has came in the room nonstop, trying to get me to eat and tell her how I'm doing. It's a selfish question, to ask how I'm doing when she already knows the answer.

"This is ridiculous." I hear Alec say.

The covers are jerked off of me and I hold myself tighter as the cool air touches my skin.

"Get up."

I stay tucked into myself.

"I said get up." Alec shouts.

I cower further into the bed, wishing everyone would go away.

"Fine, if you won't get up, I'll make you." Chloe goes to object, but Alec already has me in his arms.

"You're taking a shower." Alec leads me into the bathroom and I begin to fight against his hold.

"Leave me alone!" I croak out, my voice scratchy from not speaking.

He sits me down on the toilet and takes a step back.

I stare at the ground without uttering a word. Tears begin to stream down my face as I realize what's about to happen. I've never been fully unclothed in front of anyone, not even Tristan. Here I am fixing to be forcefully undressed in front of a man I hate.

"Please." I cry out, finally meeting Alec's gaze.

Realization replaces his look of confusion and he walks out of the bathroom. I scoot off of the toilet seat and bring my knees to my chest as another sobs wracks my body.

Chloe walks into the bathroom and gently bends down to meet my gaze.

"I'm going to get you up, okay? I love you but you do stink babe." She attempts to joke, but instead of having a usual comeback I just nod.

She grabs my hands and helps me to stand up. With my body running on no energy, it takes everything in me to fully come to a stand.

I wipe my eyes and look up at her. "I can do it."

"Are you sure, I can help you." She asks, but I just nod.

She hands me a cup of water and with a small smile shuts the bathroom door behind her.

I slowly peel my clothes off and step into the walk in shower. The bathroom has been a second hiding spot for me when someone would come in and try to force me to eat. It's just as nice as the bedroom. There's a huge jacuzzi tub, something I'd normally be excited to try. The shower could easily fit more than one person, with two heads on opposite ends. There's a button that says rain and I press it to find out it's a third shower head that imitates a rain like pressure. I turn it off and use the normal showers heads, making sure the water is scalding hot.

I let out a deep breath and let the water run over my face. I can tell Chloe stocked the shower, as it's got all of my products I used back home, accept there's a second body wash that's men's.

I scrunch my face up and ignore it. I knead the shampoo into my hair and decide to wash it twice. I let the conditioner soak in my hair and take the pink loofa and suds it up with some vanilla body wash.

I rinse my hair and body off and stay stuck under the water.

After five more minutes I shut the water off and open the door. I grab a towel to wrap around my hair and one to dry off my body, once I'm done I step in front of the mirror. I grimace at the almost unrecognizable girl staring back at me.

I have black bags under my eyes and my face is sunken in. I drop the towel and stare at my body. My ribs are slightly judding out and my skin no longer has a bronzed glow. I look sickly. I turn to pick the towel back up when I see it, markings on the back of my neck.

I turn to get a better look and gasp, the markings are almost like a tattoo. Different swirls make a design that go down my spine.

I wrap the towel back around my body and storm out of the bathroom.

Chloe sits at the vanity looking at me nervously.

"What the fuck is this?" I seethe.

"I was wondering when you'd see those."

———
Double update :))) I hope you enjoy! This was probably my favorite chapter to write.

What do you think will happen next?