"Lee?" I hear Alec's voice behind me but don't make a move to turn around.

Instead I stay positioned in front of the water, because it's the only thing bringing me peace. The sun has begun to set and a slight drizzle beats down on the water. I close my eyes and pretend it's washing my pain away.

I've always loved the rain, especially storms. My lips tremble slightly, but I hear thunder and will myself to make it stop. It's almost as if the sky was opening up to cry for me, but once my tears began to pour, thunder could be heard from the distance. I tell myself it's a reminder to stay strong.

Tristan didn't deserve my tears and under any other circumstance I would allow myself to feel the pain he had caused. But I wouldn't now, not after I had found out the truth.

Alec sits by me and stares across the lake with me in silence. He gently places a jacket over me, but I don't dare look at him. I'm embarrassed, because here I thought he was lying. I told myself no one could ever love me more than Tristan did, but it was all a joke. His love was almost as significant as the droplet of rain that fell onto me knee. It was there, rolling down my leg, but not enough to drench me.

After awhile Alec placed his arm around my shoulders and pulled me in for a hug. I tucked my face into his chest and inhaled deeply.

"I'll kill him." He growls. "Just say the words."

I small smile manages to paint my face as I glance up at him, knowing he fully meant every word he had just said.

"I think...I think I need to go inside." I sneeze and with that he pulls me up and guides me in the direction of the house.

We use a different back door that takes us to the staircase and he continues to lead me up to my room. Without saying a word I head to the bathroom, closing the door behind me. I take a hot shower, allowing the water to hit my face. I pretend to let my worries flow down my body and through the drain, forcing myself to not cry. He's not worth it, I think to myself.

Ignoring my hair, knowing it'll be frizzy once it completely dries, I walk out of the bathroom door to see Alec sitting on my bed.

He looks up at me and hands me a stack of clothes.

"I didn't know where any of your clothes were in that closet of yours, so I brought you some of mine."  His voice is soft, almost like he was scared if he talked any louder, it would scare me away.

I nod in thanks and make my way to the closet.

I take my robe off and slip on the oversized black T-shirt and sweatpants that are almost 4 sizes too big. I roll them up until they fit comfortably around my waist and walk back out to my room.

Alec stands there with a look that I can't decipher.

"I like you in my clothes." Again with the whisper.

I stay rooted in place before he talks again.

"I was thinking maybe you should get out of this room, we have a theatre I thought we could eat in and maybe spend the night there?" He walks to the door and turns to see if I'll follow.

With a deep breath I follow him out and down the hall to a massive room with various seats that look like they recline.

Alec leads the way to the very middle of the rows of chairs and looks over at me. "This is a loveseat that reclines, which is the best seat in the house but we can sit in the chairs if you want."

With a shrug I plop down on the couch and close my eyes briefly.

"Here, I had Chloe bring some blankets for us. Looks like she only brought one down, you have it." He tosses me a green velvety soft blanket and reclines the couch back to a comfortable position.

I take a second to admire how massive the room is and how comfortably furnished it looks. There's at least four rows of chairs, we're seated at the second row right in the middle of the room. It's the perfect view to watch something on the big TV screen. There's also a small fridge to the side that looks stocked full of drinks and a mini popcorn machine placed by it.

"Chloe told me you like tacos so here's your food." My nose smells the birria tacos before I take them out of the container.

My mouth salivates at the display of tacos and I give Alec a small smile in thanks. He pulls out three big burritos and my stomach hurts looking at how much food he has.

"Do we have anything to drink?" I ask glancing at the fridge, I want to use that as an excuse to see what's inside. I take a bite of my taco, which tastes like pure heaven and hungrily finish my first taco.

He nods and hands me a big cup that has Dr. Pepper in it. I silently thank Chloe for being such a good friend and remembering me favorites.

Alec goes to put on Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs, which he no doubt found out was my favorite movie from Chloe. This girl never misses, but I don't have the heart to watch it tonight.

"Can we watch something else?" I ask.

"Like what?" Alec takes his burrito out of the foil and takes two big bites before setting it down.

"You pick." I begin eating on my other taco and look at the screen. "Surprise me."
———-

What's your favorite movie??