Ring. Ring.

With a heavy sigh, I push the end button on my phone. I woke up and decided to give Tristan a call, but of course there was no answer.

There's a heavy feeling in my chest as I think about not having talked to him in what seems like forever.

A freshly showered Chloe walks out of her bathroom and glances at me.

"Okay, what's wrong?" She asks as she takes the towel off of her head.

"I haven't spoken to Tristan since we went shopping. Like I've text him, but he's text me back like 3 times. I just don't understand." I sigh and lay back on my bed.

"I'm trying to be understanding, because I bet he's super stressed with getting ready for school. But let's be honest here, it's not that hard."

I flip over onto my side to see her looking at me from her desk chair.

"That's what I was thinking." I say.

"Have you thought of..ya know?" She looks up at me with sad eyes.

I scrunch my face together. "Thought about what?" I ask.

"Not all couples can do long distance. It's normal for people to grow apart during college."

I quickly sit up. "No I can't Chloe. He's all I have and maybe I'm just thinking too much into it." I swing my legs over the bed and jump down. "I'm going to take a shower." With that, I step into my bathroom.

20 minutes and a long, hot shower later, I'm feeling better. I step out into our room, cursing myself for forgetting clothes.

I go to open the door, but stop when I hear voices. This other voice is too deep to be Chloe's.

I crack the door open and poke my head out. I see Alec standing in front of Chloe's bed, and they seem to be having a heated discussion.

"Um, sorry to interrupt, but I kind of need to get some clothes." I sheepishly say.

Alec's back is tenses at my voice and he slowly turns around. Our eyes meet for a brief second before I break out gaze, too embarrassed to hold his stare any longer.

"I'm so sorry! Alec, go to my bathroom really quick." Chloe pushes her brother to the bathroom and I run across the room to my closet.

I hear a gasp from Chloe and turn around. "What's wrong?" I ask her.

She stares at me with a weird look, before turning around. "Nothing nothing, just yell when we're good to come out, I'm gonna talk to my brother!"

I look at her weirdly. "In the bathroom?" I laugh. "Just let me grab some clothes and I'll go back to the bathroom you dingus."

I grab a random pair of shorts and an oversized T-Shirt before running back to my bathroom. Alec doesn't have the door closed to Chloe's bathroom and when I pass by I hear a low growl.

Startled, I turn toward the sound and I'm met with Alec and his eyes. They're black again.

"Are you okay?" I stutter out.

His breathing is ragged and his hands are shaking.

"Just give me a second, okay?" I hurriedly throw my T-shirt on, forgetting a bra, and my loose fit shorts.

Only a couple of minutes pass by and I open the door back up to reveal Alec in the same position, but is now joined by Chloe who is trying to get him to calm down.

There's this pill I feel, but I ignore it, snapping back into reality.

I move around Chloe and take Alec's hand. "Alec. Alec! You're okay. Calm down alright?" I rub my thumb over his hand and I can visibly see the tension in his body relax. His eyes are closed now and when they open I'm met with his honeycomb eyes.