Chapter Twenty-Seven: Bungee Jumping Promposal

"Do you think she suspects a thing?" Tristan asked as he taped up the string on one of the beams.

I'm hope not or else everything will be a goddamn waste of everybody's time and precious money. But hey, this could be somewhat of a good publicity for the café.

When Tristan called me and asked me to help him with his promposal to Kyla, he started listing off ridiculous ideas, some of which includes him bungee jumping - I then quickly turned it down by saying how the cord might break and he may pummel to his death.

Sometimes, you have to scare the boy in order to get him to give up.

So I pitched in and told him to just put on a simple sign in the café. The minute she walks in, she will see the huge four-letter word that will inevitably make her Tristan's date to the dance.

"Thank for always helping me," he said, jumping off of the chair he was standing on, "Without you, I would have never gotten the permission to do this."

Shrugging, I reached for the next letter that he has to tie up and gave it to him, "It's nothing, we just have to focus on finishing this before Kyla arrives for her shift."

I lied to Kyla saying that one of our co-workers asked me to cover for her so I was going ahead an hour early and she easily bought the excuse. We all knew Tristan was supposed to be working today so he has no reason to lie to his girlfriend about anything.

But to tell you the truth, it was a little bit awkward standing here as we arranged the surprise as the customers continued to file in and out of the café.

Just because we were doing this, doesn't mean we were closing the place.

It did grab some attention, some are here since the time we started hanging up the letters, and they continued ordering treats and coffees, probably curious on what will happen.

The bell by the door chimed, indicating a new customer came in and Jasper went marching up to us, carrying a plastic bag from the store, "Got the poppers you wanted."

He reached into the bag and threw the party poppers to his best friend. Tristan caught it with no problem and said his thanks before going back to hang the letters.

"He's incredibly whipped by Kyla," Jasper chuckled, standing next to me, "I've never seen him this anxious."

"Yeah," I agreed unconsciously, he's the reason why I don't worry about Kyla as much as I used to. Back before we got close to these boys, we'll be at each other's side since it's us against the world. I might say, I do miss our private girl days, but we already have Jasper and Tristan to keep us occupied.

As much as I trust her, I'm still worrying about the prom preparations. Yes, I still overlook everything and she does deliver to me the necessary information for approval sake, but other than that, she's insistent that I'm kept in the dark.

I'm praying nothing too extreme happens.

"There we go," Tristan grinned, hopping off of the chair and looking proudly at his handy work.

"I hope she'll be happy," I muttered, staring up at the job Tristan did. I saw Jasper turn to me from the corner of my eye and I glanced at him, giving him a questioning look.

"Why do I have to be here?" Jasper grumbled under his breath, his tone slightly grumpy. He puffed up his cheeks and crossed his arms over his chest, "It's not like I work here or anything."

Cracking up a smile, I poked him at his side, "Oh be a little supportive, will you?"

He wounded up an arm around my shoulder and pulled me closer to him, "You need to smile more, you know."