Chapter Twenty-One: Moments

When I stepped inside the school for the first time since winter break, I almost dropped my book in shock at the amount of girls who greeted me and Kyla, looping themselves to our side as they giddily asked about anything under the sun.

“You two should go shopping with us later,” one of them grinned with her brown eyes shining with excitement.

It took us a few moments to realize who they are. From the long years of observation, they were Jasper’s lackeys, ranging from the cheerleaders to the girls volleyball team.

Now, since I’ve became a lot tamer since Jasper and I regained our friendship, I didn’t catch too much attention when walking around the school, but now since I have a huge group of popular ladies latching on me and my best friend, we were kind of hard to miss as we tried to maneuver through the halls.

Kyla and I shared a look, a mix of curiosity and shock. When the bell rang, they momentarily stopped from their babbling, and I grabbed my best friend’s hand as I pulled her away from the huge crowd.

“What the hell?” she practically yelled when we were in the safe confines of the classroom that was slowly being filled with students.

I would like to know what the hell happened out there.

“See, they’re in our class,” came in two cheerleaders who was elated when they saw the both of us seated on our desks. They practically shooed away the people who claimed the chairs next to us and sat down, turning to us for another chat.

Somebody please explain what’s happening.

You could only guess that they followed us everywhere. Even during the classes Kyla and I didn’t have together, they were still there to stalk each of us. It’s like they suddenly became interested in our lives, squeezing any personal information they can.

When we exited our last class before lunch, I was relieved to finally see Jasper leaning against the locker, possibly waiting.

“Finally,” he grinned, taking my bag from me, “I haven’t seen you all day.”

Just like every single moment we spent together, I started blushing madly at the simple yet sweet gesture.

Of course, my best friend squeezed herself in-between us, “Now aren’t you two adorable together?”

“Kyla!” I complained and she gave me a sheepish smile as she whispered, “Don’t leave me behind with them.”

I subtly looked behind us, and I slightly jumped to see they were like a brigade marching behind their captain. Turning to Jasper, I nudged my head towards their direction, “Explain that.”

He turned to them and gave them a slight smile, gaining a few giggles, “I kind of told them about us.”

“What?” I gasped, “Haven’t you read any romance novels out there? When slightly average girl gets together with popular boy, she’s going to get tortured by the popular ones.”

He scrunched up his eyebrows in confusion, before laughing loudly at what I said, “Alright, lay off on those books for a while.”

“It’s slightly true,” Kyla agreed as she was still wedged in between us, “It’s a cliché.”

“Well, they might be as perky as cliché describes them to be,” Jasper pointed out, “But they’re nice ones, almost all of them are in their own relationship, they’re just plain interested in you two.”

“Because you and Tristan,” I concluded in which he nodded in confirmation.

“Speaking of Tristan,” Kyla jumped in, trying not to sound too eager, “Where is he?”