Chapter Twenty-Nine: Every Small Moment

Savannah's prom dress is the picture up there!

"It's prom, it's prom, it's prom," Kyla sang when I opened the front door after she massacred my doorbell.

Under her arm was a huge paper bag that contained her dress and shoes. She was grinning from ear to ear as she grabbed my hand and pulled me inside, dragging me up the stairs.

"It's too early to get ready!" I complained, but my I allowed my feet to follow her.

She dropped off her bags on the floor of my bedroom, before quickly shuffling into the bathroom, "Now how about we start this beauty montage?"

I lifted an eyebrow at her as she showed me the grin of hers, "A beauty montage?"

She shrugged before grabbing most of the beauty products I stored in there before laying them all on my dresser. She went for her huge bag and took out her makeup bag along with a scary amount of hair products, "Between painting our nails, doing our hair, plus our makeup, trust me, there's no such thing as too early."

She pushed me down on the chair and instantly grabbed a comb. Even though I thought that she was acting ridiculous, I smiled as I allowed her to make me into her own doll, knowing she's delighted with all of this.

Plus, I don't have to do too much work in preparing.

I reached out and took the bottle of nail polish that I've selected for the event. Grabbing the other necessary stuff, I started to do my nails as I listened to Kyla's words.

"Congratulations, by the way," she said to me, as I watch her reflection in the mirror pin around my hair.

"I should be the congratulating you," I told her, twisting off the cap of the nail polish and taking out the brush, "I was worried at first, but from the progress I've seen, I think you've done a really good job with the dance."

"Not that," she rolled her eyes, but she still concentrated with what she was doing, "I mean Jasper getting the scholarship."

The brush I was holding slipped out of my hand and fell into the floor. I cringed at the sight of the stain it would probably leave, but I couldn't help but gape at the sudden piece of information.

When Kyla noticed my reaction, she gasped and slapped a hand over her mouth, "Oops."

I wanted to burst into happiness because of how proud I am of him. I suddenly jolted up from my seat and I started to walk to my door, "I have to congratulate him."

"Hold it right there, missy," Kyla commanded, grabbing the back of my shirt to pull me back, "You're not seeing him like that."

I glanced at the mirror and I almost laughed at the sight of my half-done hairstyle that still had a lot of unnecessary pins scattered along the top of my head.

"You'll still see him tonight, go congratulate him later," she said, before pushing me back down on the chair, "I did not waste two hours of watching tutorial videos on youtube for you to run away when I'm not even done yet."

If I value my life, I would just stay still as she dolled me up, because a very determined Kyla Bailey is a very dangerous Kyla Bailey.

I managed to survive through the so-called 'beauty montage' and now I was just waiting anxiously in my dress as I clenched my fist to my side so I wouldn't go biting my nails because of how nervous I was.

Kyla entered the room, twirling in her pretty red dress. She smile up to me, before walking up to the full-length mirror, "This is perfect."

A hand unconsciously went up to feel the stiff curls going down up to my back Kyla approached me and swatted my hand away, "Don't touch my masterpiece."