𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

{𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟏}
CREATION

"The best thing is that he's pieces of us

"The best thing is that he's pieces of us.."
- 𝐯.𝐚

☀︎

FLASHBACK 7 YEARS

"Come on, you have to push," the doctor's instructed Veronica in the hospital bed. Gripping her mothers hand tighter and tighter, "I can't, mom." She cried to her mother. "Yes, yes you can Veronica." Her mother reassured, pushing her hair out of ear face. Veronica pushed as hard as she could, wanting the pain to end as soon as possible. Cries soon filled the hospital room, "it's a boy," the doctor informed handing the little baby boy to his mother. She stared into his beautiful hazel gray eyes, star struck at the human she'd created with the person she wanted to spend the rest of her life with. She wished things could've been different.

PRESENT DAY

There was a light knock at Veronica's bedroom door, it was her father peas king his head through the door. "Hey, kiddo you alright?" He questioned taking a seat on the edges of her bed, tucking some loose hair behind her ear. She took a deep breath, "I think it's time...you met your grandson." She voiced, with teary gentle eyes.

***

The girl soon sat her sister and father down at the dining room table. They were confused, especially Allison who had just gotten home. "Dad, Alli, a couple of weeks after I left for ASU I uh...I found out I was pregnant." She trailed on looking at both her father and sister, they were indifferent, in disbelief. "I told mom...she got me through the pregnancy and the birth—I'm sorry we didn't tell you I couldn't." Veronica cried. "Where's the kid now?" Allison spat. "With some friend, it was a boy his, names Noah—Noah Hale." She voiced, drifting her gaze not her father who had been silent. Allison scoffed, cocking her head back. "Daddy..I knew how much you hated Derek..I didn't want you to hate Noah or resent me for having him." Chris looked up at his eldest daughter with hurt gentle eyes. "I could never hate anything you create...and I'm sorry you didn't feel like you couldn't come to me."He stated, standing up from his chair pulling his daughter into a tight embrace, she cried into his chest gripping his shirt.

"It's okay, Roni, it's okay." He stated, cursing her head. Breaking the embrace looking at her, "so when do I get to meet Noah?" He questions with a chuckle. "Soon, really soon I'm heading back to Arizona to get him but I have to tell Derek.." she stated. "Wow, so you didn't lie to your own family for what? 6, 7 years? But the father of your kid too." Allison spat with tears falling. "Allison!" Chris shouted., "No!" "She lied to me about her own kid, my family." She exclaimed walking towards the door. "Ali..it wasn't about you." Roni stated. "It never is with this family is it?" Allison stormed out. She'll come around. Her father assured kissing the top of her forehead. "Yea." She breathed out leaving the dining room, grabbing her car keys and heading out the door.

☀︎

TO DEREK:
Hey, uh I went by the loft you weren't there we need to talk.

FROM DEREK:
With Scott and Issac at the vet, is everything ok?

Reading his text back Veronica didn't know what to say so she said nothing. Driving to Scotts job, pulling up walking into the etashbliment where voices could be heard. There she found Derek, Scott, Issac, and Deaton. "Veronica." Deaton greeted, she smile at his kindness. "Hi, guys..Derek can we talk?"She voiced with a frantic expression laid across her face. "Yea..what's wrong?"He questions approaching the girl reaching for her hands, dropping his guard. Derek what about th— Issac trailed on only to be shot a glare by Derek.

Before Veronica could say another word Allison had brushed in. "Scott I really need to tal—" she began, stopping when she made sight of her sister. She scoffed, "what? You're here to finally tell him?" She questionly spat. "Allison don't do this." Roni pleaded, giving her sister gentle eyes. "Do what? Tell Derek you hid his son from him and our family for 6 years?" At Allison words Derek drifted his focus back to Roni slowly letting go of her hands, "What is she talking about?" He questions looking Veronica straight in the eye with a desire to know the truth. How could I lie anymore with those eyes staring into mine yearning for the truth? "Veronica? What is she talking about? I have a kid?" Veronica looked at her sister with a disgusted look. She took a sharp deep breath, "can we have the room?" She questioned, as everyone left the room giving them space.

"I didn't find out I was pregnant until a couple weeks after I left." She stated, holding back tears, his brim already filling. "I was scared, I uh told my mom and no one else..she helped me through it all and raised him. The week before she died I was supposed to come here with him." "Him? It's a boy? I have a son?" Derek questioned, taking his eyes away from the floor bringing them to meet hers again. "Yea..you have a son his name's Noah—Noah Hale. She expressed, I'm so sorry I kept this from you—this like we lived and are living now..he can't be involved but I can't spend my life lying to him." She reassured, brushing her hair back with her hands. "Where is he?" He questions, with a sniffle. "Back in Arizona staying with some family." She stated as he tried to walk out of the room. "Where are you going?"

"To get my son!" He exclaimed, storming out of the room out to where the other waited. "Derek!" She shouted back, stopping him. "What? Roni it's already been 6 years I still can't see him?" He spat. Those words hurt deeper than a knife because he was right it had been 6 years almost 7. I kept this from him because I was afraid not to mention the supernatural world—his world that has absorbed Beacon Hills. "My cars out front," she stated. Walking past her sister without saying a word.

☀︎

"What's he like?" Derek asked in the passenger seat of Roni's car. They've been driving for a while now. Drifting her eyes from the road on to him, "He's amazing, a smartass, but has my heart and your eyes." She states, giving him her phone filled with pictures. "He's got a head filled with hair." Derek acknowledges, "yea, he refuses to cut it until—" Veronica trailed on. "Until what?" He questions looking at her. "Until he meets you..he asks about you all the time." She stated. "What do you tell him? When he asks?" He wondered, placing her phone in the cup holder. "I tell him you're one of the smartest guys I know, and that when you meet him you'll love him." Veronica reveals, looking at Derek who smiled to himself a bit.

"I think you'll be everything he's hoped for, Derek." Veronica stated with gentle eyes and a smile.