𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

{CHAPTER 15}
DEAREST GRANDDAUGHTER

You're not defenselessI'II be your shelter, I'II be your armor-l

I'II be your shelter, I'II be your armor
-l.d

☀︎

"IT'S A FULL MOON TONIGHT." I  acknowledged talking to Derek over the phone as Noah slept in my lap. "Yeah, I know that's why you two are there and I'm here. " He expressed, on the other line. "These guys are going to be turning for the first time, they can't do it alone." He was right they couldn't, mother nature's curse on werewolves. The price they pay for such power, them  turning on full moons is that price. Derek learned to control that price long before Noah and Scott. "I know it's just–" before I could finish I heard loud growls and snarling in the back. Ahh..shit Derek cursed soon being attacked"—Derek? Derek, what's happening?" The line soon went dead.

I picked up Noah and grabbed our coats, he was sound asleep as I placed him in the car. I called Derek and left several messages for Scott no one picked up. Driving into Beacon Hill racking my brain about what the hell I was thinking bringing Noah, yet in truth he was only safe with me. I arrived outside the abandoned train station gun in hand and Noah in my arms, luckily my big guy was a bit smaller for his age. I slowly took steps towards the train as Derek walked out gray wife beater torn and bloody with clawmark blood splatter on his toned face. "Veronica?" He said rushing over to me and Noah, "You were in trouble and I couldn't leave him alone." I cried out stumbling over my words,"—it's okay..I got you, it's okay." He repeated, taking us into an embrace of tears that I didn't even know I had been soaked up into his shirt.

"Lydia." Derek spoke slowly as dust hit our eyes. Next thing I know the world I'm falling into what feels like a deep sleep into darkness, my son falling with me as I lose my sight. "Ughh." I mumbled out as my head throbbed in pain white filled my eyes as they came too. A voice calling me to awake a voice I couldn't make out. I didn't feel the little body on top of me anymore. "Noah!" I screamed jumping up seeing Isaac hovering over me holding him in his hand, my heart pounding out of my chest. "He's okay." Issac told me, claiming to slow my breathing as I grabbed my son, feeling him in my arms again, rising to my feet. "Where's Derek?" I questioned, "I don't know we woke and saw you and the kid lying here, I've been calling your name for the past hour."He gently informed me.

"What happened?" He asked, my brain racked trying to come up with an answer. "I don't know.." I mumble as my sweet boy soon wakes, "Mama?"He spoke confusedly,  not knowing  what was happening around him. "Lydia." I spoke remembering what Derek said before the world went black and still.

"Oh thank god." Derek spoke as he rushed into his loft taking me and Noah into a long embrace. "Daddy." Noah expressed, hugging his father soon letting go. "I thought we lost you." I mumbled in the hug squeezing him tight, closing my eyes, soon opening them to see Deaten behind him. "Veronica." He greeted me with a friendly smile, "its nice to see you after so long and you too little guy." Deaten expressed crouching down seeing Noah. My mother introduced me to Deaten after I had Noah. He protected him with barriers when he was an infant. "What? What happened?" I asked, combing my finger through my hair. "Peter brought himself back too life and used Lydia to help him do it." Derek stated as his jaw tightened. "I believe this is all a part of Gereads plan everythings falling into play." Deaten spoke, as Noah ran along to Derek's bed with his ipad. "You need to get to Scott as soon as possible." Deaten told Derek who was trained on me. "Don't worry about your family. I'll keep them safe Derek."

I nodded, grabbing Derek's arm as a way of asking Deaten for space as he soon took the hit leaving us. "Promise you'll come back..we spent too long without you I don't think we.." he placed a hand behind my neck as his finger tips rested on my cheeks "Hey, I promise..I love you." was the last thing he said to me before walking out those doors all we could do is wait for his return. Noah fell asleep in my arms as Deaten made his way over with two cups. "Herbal Tea helps with the nerves ." He stated handing me a cup. "Thank you." I thanked softly, taking the cup in my hand. "Seems Derek is adjusting to fatherhood well." Deaten continued, as I blew my tea. "He is...it's as if he's been there the whole time. It fits him like a glove." The words I spoke were true. Before my mother died, she told me something that will stay with me for the rest of my life; "let life draw memories in your mind you could never erase. And let your love paint colors in your heart you can never replace."

Her words told me I have a choice. Live my life with love and be truly happy or pretend for rest of my life; pretend I'm not miserable and loveless. With Derek I can be happy and we can have the family we always dreamed of. Maybe not the life but the family. The sound of shattered glass filled the room, quickly standing up in fear and holding Noah. I saw the face of the man I once called grandpa. Standing with his men as they came through the window armed. "Veronica my dearest, why haven't I met my great grandson?" He spoke husky as he approached slowly. One of his men stabbed Deaten. I pulled my gun from my pocket aiming for a kill shot. "That wouldn't be wise dear." He spoke as his men aimed at Noah who hid behind me in fear. "Drop it."

I did as I was told, dropping my weapon, kicking it over, "All of them." He told me as I pulled out my two other guns, four pocket knives, and two tasers. Argents don't travel light. "You and Your abomination there are going to come with us." He told me with dark eyes. I looked around the room looking for an out if not for the both of us, my Noah. I looked down at him seeing his dark hazel eyes stare into mine. "Make this easy for yourself dear."

"Now." I spoke as Noah stabbed the third man near the door in the knee running out the door. They started shooting as I screamed "Run baby Run!" He called after me with tears in his eyes. I pulled out my other gun, shooting all three. Soon to be struck from behind the room slowly going black as I fell. Soon I opened my blurry eyes to see him again closer to my face. "You should've killed him."

A/N:
WHAT THE GIRLIES THINK!??!

A/N: WHAT THE GIRLIES THINK!??!