𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐕𝐄

{𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟐}
THE LITTLE THINGS
LIKE LOVE.

"I never realized how much I loved your daddy, until I saw how much he loved you

I loved your daddy, until
I saw how much he loved you."

- 𝐟.𝐥

☀︎

DEREK AND VERONICA arrived at a house just in the center of San Francisco. The house was ice yet small, perfect for a small family. "This is it." The light brunette spoke,unbuckling her seatbelt, opening the driver side door. "Nervous?" She questioned, as they both closed the car doors soon approaching the house. "To meet him? Or to be his dad?" Derek questions back scratching the back of his head. "Both...I suppose."

I guess I didn't really think about the fact that this wasn't just a meet and greet but that Derek was becoming Noah Dad. Sure he was his father but you can be someone's father and not be their dad. Chris explained that fact to his eldest daughter a long time ago making sure they had that bond, that wasn't just dna but a relationship, love.

The two walked to the front door knocking, a woman with olive skin and dark jet black hair answered. Roni's cousin Shelly. "Cousin..you're all he keeps talking about." She insisted on bringing Veronica into an embrace. "And who is this?" The dark-haired girl wondered. "This is Derek." Roni assured. " Derek? Noah's Derek?" Shelly questioned back with narrow eyes. "Yep, that Derek." He assured walking into the house. "Well let's get on with this." Shelly expressed being pushed to the side.

Walking in making eyes with a little boy with dark brown hair. Locking eyes with his mother he ran to her embrace instantly. "Mommy!" Noah called out in her arms. "Meu doce garoto, happy to see me?" Veronica voiced kissing Noah's forehead. Derek stood there with his son before him amazed he looked so much like him. "Doce garoto..I have someone I want you to meet." Veronica spoke, letting go of her son turning him in Derek's direction. Before Roni could get the words out Noah spoke. "Dad." He stated, letting go of his mother walking into his father's embrace. Derek muscles fell relaxed as his son's small arm appeared on his back. "You're my dad right?" Noah cried out into the hug. "Yea..kiddo I'm your dad." Derek assured hugging him tighter.

Seeing the scene before her Veronica couldn't help but fall silent. In that moment everything was clear, they had a son now, a child of their own they had to protect from the world they lived in. Veronica grabbed all Noah's stuff , thanking Shelly for keeping him. hoping back on the road with her family. "So we're going to Beacon Hills?" Noah questions from the back seat while Veronica drives with Derek in the passenger.

"Yea, Buddy." Veronica assured. "You're gonna meet your grandpa and Auntie Ali." She added. "And Auntie Cora." Derek assured looking back at Noah. "Cora's alive?" Veronica questionly mumbled. "Yea. We gotta play ketchup later." Derek whispers,with a small smile. "Dad!" Noah called out, "you like basketball?" He questioned. "Who doesn't kid." Derek retorted, "I I'm a huge Lakers fan." Derek added. "I am too. Can we watch the game? Please mom?" Noah begged. "That's up to your dad." Roni voiced as she looked over at Derek. "Yea, sure we can kiddo." Derek agreed, climbing in the back.

☀︎

Sound asleep in the back where Derek and Noah lay, so peaceful like they've known each other forever and no time has passed. I realized I loved Derek more seeing how much he loved Noah only being with him for a couple of hours. They had already clicked. The family had pulled up in the Argent family driveway. Derek woke, getting Noah out the car, carrying him Inside. As they all stepped foot inside Beau ran and jumped on Derek holding the sleeping Noah. Allison came running down the stairs frantically. "Roni!" She called out. Dad knows. She acknowledges. "Knows what?" Derek questions, as Noah's starts to wake up feeling Beau at his feet. "Beau!" He called out jumping down, playing with the dog. "He knows about Jackson and our grandfather..." Alison dragged out seeing her nephew for the first time. "Noah." She mumbled, walking towards him. "Are you Auntie Ali?" He questioned, looking up swiftly then back at his dog. "I am..it—it's nice to meet you." She added on.

"You too." Noah stated, "Do you guys have ice cream?" He questioned walking into the kitchen. "Yea bud, let's go check." Veronica stated, "I'll be right there." She added. "Okay.. now what exactly happened?" Derek questioned. "He made me tell him..I don't know what he's doing but it's not good." Allison cried. "Alright umm..Noah's gonna stay with you tonight. I don't want Geread knowing about him..we have to keep him safe. You have too." Roni insisted, looking into Derek's eyes . "I will..drop us off?" He stated.

☀︎

"Noah, tonight you're gonna stay with daddy. Ok?" Veronica expressed crouching down at Noah's level in Derek's loft. "Like all night? Just us?" He questioned, face lighting up. "Yep. The two of you..you can watch the Lakers games all night." Roni buttered up. Hoping he would take the bait and not question her reasons. "Just us guys..Noah and your mom will pick up in the morning." Derek added, with a smile while he made up his bed getting all weapons and whatnots, making them far from his reach. "Sounds like fun!" The young boy exclaimed, running to the bed slouching down. I'll see you in the morning. Veronica assured with a smile as Derek walked her out. "Be careful." Derek stated. "I don't think he'll do anything...at least not tonight." Veronica expressed playing with the ends of her hair. "Plus, I keep this on me." She acknowledged, lifting up the side of her shirt showing her gun. "Keep him safe Hale." She added placing her hand on his heart. "I will, goodnight." He assured, placing his hand over hers. Looking into her eyes, getting lost in her familiar gaze Derek leaned in, crashing his lips into her. Lost in the familiarity of one another letting it consume them. Only letting go when they heard Noah open the door. "I forgot to say bye mom." The boy stated, hugging his mother.