Keep driving

I was trying to finish all my work for the day so Lando and I could enjoy our afternoon together. With the start of the season our work increases significantly. And honestly I don't want to leave everything for the last minute.

I had a surprise prepared for Lando this afternoon, so taking advantage of the fact that he's busy in the gym, I'll take care of  preparing it.

I close the laptop and stretch out in my chair. I'm looking forward to the start of the season. Even though there is never any free time, I hate the preparations for it.

I walk the corridor until I reach the gym, I love going through here since the corridor is decorated with dozens of photos of us where you can see how we grow together. I see him concentrating on one of the machines. He's wearing his headphones so I take advantage of the fact that he doesn't notice my presence to observe him for a while.

-Take a photo, it will last longer- he said while taking off the headphones- like, I'm not complaining but i can see you drool from here.

-I can't even look at my fiancé in peace? I have thousands of photos of you, now I just want to look at you - I say leaning against the door frame.

-Stalker- he smirks at me- I still have about an hour of workout, do you want to join me?

-Another time maybe- he knows that is a lie, I cant keep up with his workouts- I'm going to run some errands do you need anything?

-Not that I can think of- he shrugs his shoulders- maybe ingredients to do a cheesecake? I've been craving it and we wont be able to do it once the season starts.

-Noted, I will let you finish and get going. Bye!- I tell him while turning around and returning to the living room

-Love you!- I listen him shout from the other side of the house.

-Love you too!- I answer before taking my keys and my wallet. I know Lando will be home when I get back but the last time I didn't take my keys and he was training, I was locked out of the house for over an hour because he didn't hear me call. I'm not taking any chances this time.

I go down to the garage of the apartment complex where we live and get one car that does not attract much attention. Lando obviously likes cars a lot and has a small collection. But in Monaco where everyone knows you I don't like to drive the most recognizables.

I went to the supermarket and got everything I needed. I had planned for us to spend the evening cooking our own dinner. Its something that we used to do together the firsts years of our relationship but as the years passed it became more and more difficult. We were both always traveling and when you come home on a week off the last thing you want is to start cooking

I also got the ingredients for the cake and a bottle of wine. Lando and I weren't big fans of alcohol but a drink on special occasions always went down well.

-Any special occasion?- Asked the cashier as she scanned the wine. Nor was it a very expensive wine for what Monaco was.

-Just a dinner with my boyfriend- I say without giving many details.

-I hope you have a great night- she replied with a kind smile.- It will be 40'32€.

- Thanks, you too- I tell her while I pass the credit card.

It's not our anniversary, we had known eachother for such a long time before starting together that we could not agree on a date. We only have many important dates for us, of which we always try to celebrate with a detail, no matter how small.

And that's what it is today, always before starting a new season we try to have a dinner, to celebrate the start of a new year for us.

I get in the car and start my way back home. I had already gotten used to the pace of this city. Always on the move, like, if you stop even for a second, you stay behind.

In a sudden stop in front of a traffic light I realize that the bottle of wine has fallen with the inertia on the back seat. I'm standing at an intersection and the light is red so I take off my belt to turn around and pick it up.

I would not like the bottle to break and have to take the car to clean. I pick it up from the car floor and place it back on the seat, hoping it won't fall off again.

Before I had time to turn around again, I hear a car honk. I turn my eyes back to the front but it was too late. I only have time to see a car speeding towards me.

I didn't even have time to yell, I just felt the force of the other car push me aside. how my hands tried to go to my head by instinct but it was of little use. I had no seatbelt on, the blow sent me flying against the opposite side of the car.

Broken glass, noise and smoke was all I could feel. My mind was cloudy, what they say that your whole life passes before your eyes is a lie. My life did not pass before my eyes and that disappointed me incredibly, I would have loved to see it, to see that my life was really worth it.

If I wasn't going to see my life I can at least take a nap, yes I think that sounds pretty good. My eyelids had begun to weigh a lot and I had a pressure in my chest and my head that was asking me to rest. It will be just a couple of minutes.