Lost in your light

Lando's POV

Everything was ready for the start of season. I wasnt needed till next week for the first race so I got back to Monaco as soon as possible.

I have been super busy these last few days at the factory and I just want to get home so I can rest before the start. I had caught the first flight of the day so I hadn't slept much. When I approach the door I can hear music coming from inside. It's 9 in the morning, why is the music on so early?

I enter the house, I don't know what I expected to see but I'm sure it wasn't this. Luna and Max are... I dont even know how to describe it. They haven't even noticed that I've entered the house. I approach them silently, how much am I going to enjoy laughing at this once I'm not so tired.

They both have a face mask on. They are having breakfast while they swipe on Max's tinder. Like, they really conected the phone to the TV just so they could do it professionally.

-You dont like blondes Max, besides "Dad recently died, need someone to take over the Daddy contact on my phone" just...no- she took the phone out of Max's hand.

-Hey! Give it back, she's cute!- he said trying to get the phone back.

-She needs a therapist!- She said as she tried to keep him away.

-We all do Lulu! At least she's honest about it!- he finally took it back, swiping right.

-Good morning?- I say leaving my bag on the floor. Luna turned around and a smile apeared on her face when she saw me- I see you've had a good time.

-You're early- she said as she aproached me and gave me a hug. I looked at Max trying to find an explanation for her behavior but he shrugged in response- I've missed you- she wispered in my ear.

-I...I've missed you too- I finally get out.

-Aaand thats my signal to go- Max said getting up from the sofa- It was great as always Lulu but I have a flight to take.

-Are we goint to tell him he still have the face mask on?- I tell her. I just realized my arm is still around her waist.

-Let him figure it out on his own- she said- how's everything been on the factory, did you have fun?

-If your version of fun is endless meetings then yes, I had the time of my life- Before the season starts I always have many meetings explaining what to expect in the new season. It's a bit tiring, but at the end of the day it's necessary.- they missed you too, they cant wait to see you on the circuit next week.

We had agreed that she would come to the races with me even if she wasn't working yet. This would allow her to get to know the team again, familiarize herself with the environment and see what her job consisted of.

-Well lovebirds, we will se eachother soon- Max came out of the room with his suitcase- dont do anything I wouldnt do!

And with that he goes.

-We are bad friends for not telling him he still had the mask on?- she said feeling guilty.

-He will come back, believe me, in three...two...one- the door opened again Letting an angry Max in.

-I've seen myself in the mirror of the elevator, I hate you both- He said slamming the door going for the bathroom. I looked at Luna and we both couldn't help but laugh- keep laughing, you are going to pay me for this.

After Luna told me how she had been doing these last few days and after seeing me yawn twenty times in the last five minutes, she sent me to take a nap and promised me she would wake me up to eat lunch together.

Getting into bed I realize that she has been sleeping in our room these days. I had assumed it since Max would have slept in the guest room but once I get into bed the only thing I notice is her perfume between my sheets. Its going to be a miracle if I got some sleep right now.

I wake up a bit disoriented, I don't really know what time it is, the blind is down so no light enters the room. I get up and head to the kitchen. Luna has her back turned, she is wearing one of my Mclaren t-shirts that looks way to big on her and shorts. Like, really short shorts, this is going to be torture. She seems to be making lunch So I dedicate myself to taking advantage of these moments in which she does not realize my presence to observe her.

It's strange how she does so many things that she used to do before without even realizing it. The gestures she does, the expressions she uses, all of that remains the same, it's like seeing a ghost, everything she does reminds me of the Moon before the accident. I would love to be able to approach her and hug her from behind, resting my head on her shoulder as I have done so many times. But I promised myself that I would give her time and space and even though where I most want to be is in her arms, I refuse to do it.

-I need your help with something- she said that afternoon while we were watching a movie- I want you to tell me something we've never done before.

-Okay? We've never...oh! I have a good one, we've never done laser tag together, we wanted to but never got to do it- I said- Why are you asking?

-Because that's what we're doing tomorrow- she sentenced.- you can invite some of the drivers maybe, so we can play in teams.

-Sure, but why so eager all of a sudden?- I wondered.

-I've been thinking, maybe I cant remember what we've lived- she said, we both hoped she could have remembered something by now but I guess it was not the time yet -but I can try and make new memories, memories that can be new to both of us.

-I'd love that- I said bringing her closer to me. She rested her head on my chest and I put my arm over her.

I knew why she proposed this idea, I know that not remembering makes her feel disadvantaged. As if the people around her could use what they know against her. But she's trying, I know she's really trying. That's why I will accept any condition and plan that is put in front of me as long as it makes her feels safe again.