This is me trying

Lando's POV

I prepared a bag with all the things she might need. I wanted her to be comfortable once we left the hospital.

I had spoken with her parents to go once they left, they had not been able to take days off work and no matter how hard I tried to give them solutions so that they could stay, they could not accept any. My parents will also leave this afternoon, they have to take care of my niece for a few days and they assure us that we will manage as we always have.

I accepted, trying to convince myself that everything would be fine. But inside I was terrified of having to face this alone. All this had made me forget how close we were to the new season, in less than a month it will be the first race and not only will we have to get used to our new life, but we will have to combine it with the racing life too.

I make the trip to the hospital in silence, without the radio, without music, I just want to get there at once. I do the same path that I did the day before, this time much calmer than the first time.

When I got the call from the hospital, I had just gotten out of the shower. I thought that Luna had already arrived home since it had been a long time but she never came. Luckily I had a moment of lucidity and decided to call Max to take me, I don't know how I would have arrived in my state. I went desperately looking for answers until I found a doctor who could explain what had happened. An idiot had run the red light, Luna was not wearing a seatbelt which surprised me, that caused her to crash against one of the doors.

Simply that, Someone thought that nothing would happen to jump the traffic light, and as if it had never existed, our story fade away.

I knock on her door and she tells me to come in. She looks better than yesterday, more rested.

-I brought you something- I say as I take the phone from my trousers- Your phone got broken during the accident but I brought you this so you can use it.

-Thanks, that was really thoughtful- she said sincere- I've been dying of boredom with nothing to do.

-In any case, the doctor told me that you would be discharged today so we can get you home.

-Oh- She seems awkward like that all of a sudden- wont they do any more tests?

-They say that familiar surroundings will help you remember- I really fucking hope so. She nods thinking it over.

Luna's POV

I walk accompanied by Lando through the corridors of the hospital. When we ran into a nurse or doctor who had seen my case, they wished us luck. I didn't need luck, I needed them to guess what was going on in my head.

We get to the parking lot and Lando leads me to his car. It is a nice but discreet car.

-I like it- I say taking a look.

-I know, you choose it- He said casually putting my bag in the trunk. This car seems expensive, how could I afford it?

-What do I work at?- I say once we're sat on the car.

-You work with me, at McLaren- he said with a little smile- Don't worry, I've called to let them know that you won't be able to join at the start of the season.

-What? No! I can work, what it is that I do?- I don't know what my job consists of but I'm sure it won't be that difficult to prepare.

-Oh believe me, you need the break- he says concentrated as he drives through the streets of Monaco- You studied comunications, do you remember?- I nod, of course I remember, for me it was like yesterday- I joined McLaren in 2019 for my rookie season, I moved to Woking but you couldnt because of school, we were just in our first year of our relationship. When you finished, you applied to Mclaren's Public relations team and they hired you.