Chapter 12

Bakugo stood across the roof staring at us dumbfounded. My thoughts immediately went wild as I panicked.

"Bakugo I can explain," I insisted moving away to stand in front of Deku, "I-"

"You know him!?" Bakugo yelled interrupted me, "or are you a villain!?"

"The hell?" I said, "no I'm not a villain dipshit!"

"Then explain why the fuck were you hugging him!?" I didn't reply as I lowered my gaze in hope to dig up another lie. Except I had nothing now, but the truth. My thoughts were interrupted as I felt arms wrap around my waist. I glanced at Deku with confusion while he glared at Bakugo.

"He isn't a villain," Deku stated in a cold voice while Bakugo seemed ready to attack, "Y/n's way so innocent for that.." I gritted my teeth not daring to meet either of their eyes.

"Piss off," I snapped pushing his arms off me and moving away, only for Deku to chuckle of amusement. Just then, a sudden explosion echoed through the air. I immediately turned just as Bakugo passed me before creating a huge eruption directly at Deku. He quickly dodged Bakugo's attack creating those energy tendrils again and tried attacking him.

But just before anything could get out of hand, I immediately stepped in blocking themselves from each other.

"Y/n, move!" Bakugo snapped not taking his glare off Deku. He suddenly tried pushing past me, but without thinking I pressed my hand against his forehead as he suddenly collapsed to the floor, the two shocked, including myself. I did not just do that...I thought.

"What the fuck did you do!?" he yelled trying to get up but to no avail. I crouched down next to him.

"I'm surprised really," I replied, "you can still remember when you first walked?" Bakugo looked as if he was about to explode until I put my hand on his head returning the memory. I got up glaring at Deku.

"Don't fucking start shit," I snapped, "you did it on purpose, I know it." He raised his hands in a defensive way before wandering off around the top of the building. Bakugo was up on his feet, I could tell at first glance right then he wanted nothing more but to push me off the roof.

"Ok fine I'm sorry," I stated, "but you can't tell anyone."

"Why should I fucking listen to you?" he shouted glancing over to where Deku stood alone, "Deku's a villain now." I didn't answer for a moment keeping my gaze locked with his.

"That's the thing," I muttered loud enough for him to hear, "I don't think he chose to be a villain..." Bakugo raised an eyebrow, but I didn't stop there.

"I used my quirk on him and I saw everything," I explained yet again, "but there wasn't anything with him making a deal or shit with the League to become a villain. I honestly think they did something to him." Bakugo was about to say something when he suddenly stopped glancing behind me.

"Where the fuck did he go?"

As those words left his mouth, I immediately spun around only to see we were the only ones on the roof.

"It doesn't matter for now," I sighed, "we should probably leave."

"You've gotta be kidding right?!"

"Fuck sake I'm not going on a wild goose chase after him! He's probably far down for all we know! Besides...he'll turn up again." Neither of us were happy, but reluctantly we went back after a long tiring walk. When we got inside I completely ignored everyone at went to bed exhausted. Three more days until the weekend, I thought to myself, then I'll visit her...

Deku POV:

I landed in a side alley and scoffed. Did they seriously think I couldn't hear? I thought, clenching my fist. I leaned on the wall gazing up at the evening sky, the stars glittering like the city.