Chapter 21

A/n: Hi, sorry for the long update. Been tired and went to a concert which was bloody amazing! Best part was I got to get out of school and it gives me more time to write...for one day at least. Btw, thank you so much for the 15k reads, this really means a lot to me. I hope you enjoy! ^ ^

"What the fuck! Where did you get this, and do you even know how to drive?!" My jaw was hanging as I walked around the car Izuku had. We were in an abandoned house that was well hidden within some trees, and apparently this car was here too.

"Did you steal this?"

"Maybe~."

"Why!? You better return it, and how did you even steal it with my half dead body!?"

"Y/n, I have my ways, just get in."

I obviously didn't and went on saying how stealing a car isn't exactly the smartest.

"Look, I know," he groaned, losing his patience, "but I don't want any cops of Shigaraki to notice me carrying you on my back to your house. And yes, I might return it." Izuku's reassurance was not helping in any case, but I reluctantly got into the passenger seat.

"Do you even know how to drive?"

"Of course. I've been in many car chases before."

"Just drive slow, I don't wanna die yet."

Izuku shared a quick glare until he finally started the car and began driving. It wasn't terrible like I expected while we drove down the street, until we went onto the busy road. I wasn't freaked out if there was gonna be a accident, surprisingly. I was more worried if someone noticed me, or worse, Izuku. Izuku's either a lucky bastard or Mother Theresa is because no one had noticed us.

"'Car chases'?" I sighed the question, looking over at Izuku. He didn't take his eyes off the road but just nodded.

"Yeah..." he mumbled.

"Do you remember your first one?" I was only asking because I didn't recall ever seeing him in a car chase.

His eyes slightly widened but relaxed as we continued to go through traffic.

"Crusty didn't want me too, but I went and had some fun with a few hero's." I didn't miss the smirk he held before letting it drop into a deadpan expression again. "Cops and more heros came and the burnt bacon was able to get me out of it in time. Since his quirk is more better at long distances than mine, he used his flames while I was driving the car. It was my first time driving and hell, I fucking loved it."

"Better at distance?" I questioned.

"Yeah," Izuku scoffed, "Toga's quirk is obviously better within close combat. So if she were to fight burnt bacon, she would have a disadvantage since Dabi is way better with both offensive and defensive at far range." I just stared at him, not realising my jaw was hanging until it began to hurt.

"You analyse your work partners?" His eyes turned icy as they remained on the road, gripping the wheel.

"I wouldn't call them partners, anymore," Izuku muttered. I just stared at him for a moment before looking back at the road.

"But do you usually analyse other's techniques?" I continued, not wanting to create a silence between us. I wanted to know a little more about him. I might know what he's done, but not how he's felt about his actions. Izuku didn't reply for a moment but sighed.

"Don't you already know all this?"

"Just tell me about it anyway. My quirk just kinda butts into other's business, I'd rather hear it from your perspective." Izuku rolled his eyes and I wasn't bothered by his annoyance, but amused.

"Yes, I analyse my enemies, targets, 'coworkers'. Even you."

"Me?"

He nodded.

"Yes, I wanted to know how you fought so I wouldn't forget it." He pointed where a bag was at my feet.

"I have a notebook about it."

Without hesitation, I reached and grabbed it. It was kinda burnt and I immediately recalled why. Opening the journal and flicking through the pages, there was a lot more than I imagined while I read through it. But only one page caught my eye. A drawing of a costume, more like a child's drawing while I glanced back at him. We stopped as the traffic grew bad, making Izuku mutter a curse. Cars were yelling at each other and the honking of horns echoed through the street.

"What the fuck is happening..." Izuku muttered, glancing out through the tint windows. Then it happened. I sat there, not noticing the towering figure outside my window. I didn't expect my side of the window to shatter and being dragged out of the car and went crashing into a building.

The moment went to quick that the pain didn't come to me until I tried moving. I stiffen, collapsing to the ground as I watched the Nomu limping towards me. Black liquid oozing out it's leg, a huge chunk of flesh now gone. Izuku? The creature suddenly launched itself at me, like a lion after a lamb. I didn't move, I couldn't. All I could do was wait for death to comfort me.

"Y/N!"

Suddenly, still lost in shock, someone pushed me out of the way in a blink. Glancing over, my eyes widened as I saw my friend, his red eyes the last thing I saw before his skin tightened into stone and the Nomu plunged his fist into Kirishima's stomach, making his shield skin crack. I froze, witnessing blood trickling down his chest. My mind was astray, my body had been immobilised. I couldn't feel my heart or my breath, just the throbbing sensation in my chest as I stayed at the one who sacrificed himself for me. Why was he here? Is he gonna get in trouble? Dammit, will he be ok?!

The Nomu just stared at it's mis-target, slowly guiding it's eyes to mine. That's when the pain turned critical, a sparking anger that stun the back of my head. I couldn't focus on my safety or even the terror I've made. Only the paining rage for what this freak did to my friend.

"You fucking BASTARD!" I screamed. The Nomu only tilted its head like an owl, making me grind my teeth in disgust. Except the moment I moved my hand, my body went stiff again allowing my body to give in and collapse to the ground, my vision flaking out. Again...

______________________________