Chapter 15

I sat on a chair beside him wearing plain clothes instead of my hero suit, my arm bandaged up as I looked at Deku deadpanned. Hawks found and took us to the hospital, but also called the cops. Mr Aizawa had arrived a few minutes ago and yelled at me after I told him what happened and why. Once he had a go at me, he soon realised I wasn't going to react or show guilt, but just keep my head low. He was standing in the corner or the room as I sat there next to Deku who laid down asleep. Just then, the door opened and I looked up to see the Chief of police, Tsuragamae walk in closing the door behind him.

Tsuragamae looked at me, then at Deku before meeting my eye again.

"So," he said, "you're the kid who was kidnapped by this villain. Yet you didn't bother trying to capture him during today." I didn't reply, glaring at him.

"Now you can either explain yourself or we can take you down to the station now." I bit my lip, not wanting to answer, but what choice did I have? I sighed, lowering my gaze in shame.

"He kidnapped me," I stated, "I escaped...but he followed me home but let me go, and I didn't tell anyone about it." The atmosphere was silent and cold, I couldn't even hear my own breath but only my heartbeat.

Staring at me, Tsuragamae sighed crossing his arms.

"Do you realise how serious this situation is?" he asked, his voice cold. I remained silent.

"You were helping a vill-"

"No!" I snapped, looking back at him, "I wasn't helping in a way that I'm a villain. I wanted him...I wanted to help him. He doesn't deserve this! The only reason I became a hero was to save him, but being a hero you don't understand villains...why they chose to be that way! Izuku didn't even have a choice!" I regretted the words the moment they came out of my mouth as the two of them looking at me astonish.

"What do you mean by that L/n?" Mr Aizawa asked. I didn't dare reply but Tsuragamae just glared at me.

"Y/n..."

Hesitantly, I sighed before telling them...telling them everything.

"You care about him..." Tsuragamae said as I looked over at Deku.

"I only want to help," I corrected, "that's what hero's do..." It went silent before Tsuragamae continued too speak.

"Look," he sighed, "I am able to not add this to your record. However this villain has killed too many-"

"No," I interrupted, "you don't understand. I mean he didn't want this." I began explain my quirk and how I used it on him that night, but he still tried to prove me wrong.

"Maybe you missed a memory," Tsuragamae declared, but I wasn't gonna give up at easily.

"Sir when I use my quirk on someone for the first time, it makes me go through all the memories that they can't forget."

"He probably forgot how he became a villain-"

"Tell me, would you forget the day you began an officer? Or when you began chief?" He was about to speak but I didn't allow him.

"He didn't choose this and I know it!" I continued, "maybe if I can use my quirk on Shigaraki, I-"
"L/n," Mr Aizawa interrupted, "you make it sound like it's a game. We've been trying to track the League for ages." I looked at my teacher with he was crazy.

"You think I don't know that?" I cried not bothered if I was gonna get yelled at, "Izuku didn't choose too be a villain and I know it! Please, I know it sounds ridiculous but maybe...I can use my quirk on Shigaraki and find out the truth. If you're actually heroes and the chief of police...then you'll let me save someone who once wanted to be like you."