Chapter 19

A/n: Omfg, sort story here that I wanna say. I was in class and next to a few popular students that I was trying to ignore and do my work. But then I got bored and decided to go onto my phone (bc this wasn't a serious class and I had no intention on using it in the future. Also my teacher was a biotch).

And the first thing I see was a Wattpad notification. I literally freaked out a dropped my phone right under the table where the fucking pick-me's were! Anyway, enjoy this chapter. 🙃

I was laying in something soft and warm before my eyes slowly opened. It was dark and a shiver went through me as I felt the cool air wash over my skin. I look around as I had no clue where I was. Did I die or something? I thought, or am I still alive? Pinching my arm to be certain, I immediately knew what happened, the league have caught me. Shigaraki would definitely be planning a way to kill me and send a message to UA to not mess with him. Childish.

As my eyes grew more wary to the dark, I finally realised my surroundings to be a bedroom. It looked old and dusty like no one had been here in decades, yet the bed was nice and clean. I groaned, suddenly feeling the throbbing pain in my neck as I gently rubbed it. The Nomu could've killed me, but it didn't. Did Shigaraki want it to bring me back alive so he could finish the job himself? If that's the case I hope it would be quick, or I had a chance to escape at least. I slowly got up, standing up cautiously in case I was lightheaded. As expected, I leaned against the door for support until my migraine was gone. I took a few deep breaths before quickly heading to the door, however ever before I could touch it, the door suddenly clicked and opened as a figure stood in my way.

I froze staring at the stranger before me. They suddenly went to grab me, but I dodged and swung my leg kicking them in the lower back. I didn't even process what I did until I punched them in the stomach and quickly looked for the light switch. When I turned it on, I was both surprised and relieved.

"Deku?!" He was leaning against the wall, gripping the side of his rib before glancing up at me.

"Nice to see you too," Deku muttered. I kneeled down at helped him up and took him to the bed. When Deku sat down, I couldn't help but give him a small side hug.

"I'm sorry about that," I replied sitting next to him, "but I'm glad you're awake." His eyes searched through mine, looking for a sign of something.

"Yeah..." Deku replied but suddenly stiffened. I blinked with confusion, glancing down at his rib and immediately notice the fresh blood that was oozing from his shirt.

"What the-" I cried, looking back at him. His expression showed pain yet also annoyance at once.

"Shit..." he muttered, "it must've opened." I was so confused, but when he tried getting up I put my hand on his shoulder.

"Don't be stupid," I snapped, "just lie back down. Do you know where an first aid kit is?" Izuku told me that it was in the bathroom and I didn't need to get up and go searching for it. He tried saying that he wanted me to stay here and when I kept I wasn't gonna do that, he eventually gave in.

He still doesn't seem to trust me, but I was almost choked to death which was "definitely fun". It wasn't that hard to find the bathroom, actually the place looked a lot more like an apartment. When I came back with the kit, Deku was leaning against the headboard and his chest was moving up and down slowly. I sat down next to him, feeling bad about hurting him.

"Take off your shirt, I wanna see how bad it is," I stated. Deku stared at me for a moment before bringing his hands and slowly unbuttoning his shirt and pulled it aside, showing his bare chest. I didn't even realize I was staring at his abs before I blinked, suddenly looking for the wound. What the fuck, Y/n?!

When I found the injury, I almost jumped at the sight of it. It was really deep but also was still kinda stitched up. I opened the kit and sighed with relief seeing a bit of string and a needle. All I needed now was to get this over an done with.

"I'll stitch it back up again," I told Deku, grabbing the needle. The bastard almost looked afraid when I said this.

"I can-"

"I know, but I wanna repay you. And I know what I'm doing." Deku just blinked as he stared at me, while I didn't pay mine to it. When I cleaned the needle with some alcohol, I pulled Deku's shirt aside so I could get better lighting at what I was doing.

"It'll hurt a little, but just trust me." When I said this, I saw his body physically relax and when I gently pushed the needle into his skin, Deku didn't even tense up.

"You're not half ass," he chuckled while I continued doing my work.

"UA taught me," I said, as I finally realised. Should I tell him I was moving away, and what would his reaction be? Hopefully nothing reckless, I thought.

"Y/n, before you went to UA..." Deku said, "what did you want to be when you were older?"

His question make me stop what I was doing as I just stared at the wound blankly. Now that I think about it, I never actually knew what I wanted to be. I liked helping people, but now that I've been to UA all I ever wanted to be was a hero.

"I don't actually know," I admitted while slowly stitch the wound, "I guess I just didn't pay much mind to it until I went to UA. Being a hero is amazing, but it wasn't my first goal. I knew I wasn't strong enough to be one, yet I love saving people now."

"That's kinda stupid..."

"I hope you realise I could fuck up with these stitches if you keep talking to me." The bastard only chuckled and I tried ignoring him. His gaze never left me as I went on with my work, hoping that I'd  get this done quicker.

"You should be a doctor." I blinked, looking back at Deku who had a smile on his face. It wasn't a playful smile or a teasing grin, but a gentle smile that was filled with life. It almost made my heart jump.

"Why do you say that?"

"Well at the moment you're helping me out with this, and since you wanna help people, this is a good way to do it." Deku actually seemed genuinely in what he said, and it was kinda true. I didn't try much in chemistry but I always passed with a C or B. Thinking of becoming a doctor, I might actually like the job.

"Done," I said, finishing the last stitch. I grabbed some more alcohol and began cleaning up the blood with a cloth. Again he didn't move, yet I could see the discomfort on Deku's face.

"I'm not strong enough to be a hero," I sighed, putting the bloody cloth aside and began wrapping bandages around his rib, "yet I want to help people...do you think I could become something like that?" I looked up at him and there it was again. The smile...that bright smile.

"I think you could do anything you set your mind too," he said softly, his voice serious yet so gentle. I decided not to reply while finishing his bandages. However the moment I tried pulling my hands away, he quickly grabbed my wrists. I blinked, looking at Deku. There was no sign of anger or sadness. No snarky attitude or teasing smirk. His face was unreadable, and it made me nervous.

"Don't stop," he breathed, sitting up and placing one of my hands on his chest. Right above his fast beating heart. I felt my cheeks heat up as I just gazed into his emerald eyes while he placed his hand on my cheek so carefully my skin tingled. The more closer his face leaned towards mine, the more butterflies that erupted through my stomach. Before I knew it, our faces were only inches apart.

"You're crazy," I muttered, looking up at Deku. His chuckle only made my heartbeat race faster, until he pressed his lips softly against mine.

______________________________