2. My muslim boyfriend lied to me part 2

I was waiting for his call... I wanted to know his family reacted. I wanted to know if he is okay. I wanted to know everything. I had hopes and many questions revolving around the scenario. 

Next day I went to Biz's working place to meet him. He didn't show up. I was scared... There were many negative things coming in my mind. So I decided to visit him. I had his address and I rushed off to that place.

I waited in front of Biz's house because I didn't want to show up to his family and look like a despo. Biz maybe noticed me or his family did and told him, so he came out of the house and told me to meet in the restaurant. We walked there.

I was looking at Biz. I was worried of his health. Before I could I ask him anything he started avoiding gazes. I could feel something was off. I could guess what wrong was happening but I was too stubborn to accept my intuition and waited for him to confirm things to me.

We sat on the table. He held my hands and looked at me with his teary swollen eyes. My heart stopped beating. I was too stunned to speak.

"Saloni... do you know I love you?" He asked.

I nodded. I knew what was coming next but I was not prepared for it. I wanted to hear someone else.

"You know love is about trying and even if we are not together praying for each other's happiness, health and wealth?" He asked me. 

I could not see him in this state. I closed my eyes and gulped. Preparing myself for the next part.

"No one can stop us loving each others but they can stop us from marrying and living together. I am telling you this for your own safety. For our family's safety. You know the political environment outside is not safe for people like us." He said.

Why this had to happen with me? I'm not able to move. I need to stop this. If this is a dream then I need to wake up early. 

"We can run away but I don't want to steal you from your family. With their acceptance only I can be with you. Our marriage is not about our self only but it's a holistic bond with our families as well. I don't want any kind of disturbance and disrespect to our families.... for us it's better to leave away from each others for our safety and our family's safety." He continued.

"Is this really love? Do you really love me? Did you really tried?" I asked him several questions with tears in my eyes.

"Krishna always loved Radha, isn't it your all time favourite love story?" Biz held my hand strongly and looked into my eyes with gazes full of love but despair. 

I still wanted to give it a try and discuss with my family but I wanted to hide this plan from Biz. I nodded in front of him and we hugged tightly. "Wanna go for nightout?" I asked him but he politely rejected me.

"I don't want anything to happen between us after knowing the reality. I'm sorry for turning you down but I hope you know this is for our own good." He said and kissed me on my forehead. I could feel his love and care for me.

I ran towards my home and indirectly tried to talk to my parents, "I'm ready to marry but what if I tell you I want to marry a guy I choose?" 

My parents had no problem with it, "We are fine as long as that guy is from our religion." They said.

"What if he is not?" I asked them and their reaction was terrible!

My dad glared at me like he was ready to murder me while my mom gave me disgusting looks of disappointments. Biz was right after all. He knew I would be the one facing problems the most than him. 

I know I belong to a family where our ancestors are known for fighters in the war and everyone in my family is proud of it. Proud came so does the reputation in the society. Me marrying someone out of our religion was lowering down their reputation in society? I'm not scared to mention my name or place or even expose my family who right away told me that they will kill me if I think about marrying someone out of our religion. For them their daughter is nothing in front of their fake reputation in the society. I want to tell them that the thing they are proud of are our ancestors not something my family did! 

I will forever be not able to forgive such people. I want to be mad at Biz but knowing he did this all to save me and his family from extra drama my family would cause him is what stopping me. 

We broke up because of that shitty society who stopped me from doing what I wanted to. Isn't society supposed to support you? That's why god formed society right? I want to question god if this is what he wanted? But yeah... I can not since god himself had incomplete love story. I'm not comparing my story with god, I know I'm not on that great but this is what is stopping me from taking any action.

Now I'm married and it's been almost 1 and half years of my happy marriage. But I still can't forget Biz. I hope he is going well. I hope he is not missing me since I know the pain of missing your love. I wish him happiness. I gave all my love to Biz and now I have nothing left for my husband but I am lucky to have him as my bestie as well as hubby. I hope soon we will have a kid for the sake of our families who are continuously irritating us about it. 

Thanks dad for ruining my happiness! I feel bad for my in laws and especially my husband. I am not able to love him and it feels like I'm cheating on him.... I am really sorry. THE END

DANG IT!! I FEEL BAD FOR ALL THE CHARACTERS OF THIS STORY AND I WANT TO KNOW HOW YOU GUYS FEEL ABOUT IT!!