7. My mom found out I'm gay

So this is kinda weird but let's go with my story. Disclaimer: Don't be judgy. 

I'm 16 year's old from St Francis school.  Being a typical Marathi family my parents never allowed my sister to have any conversation or engage in any activities with boys and was I. 

No one believes me when I tell everyone that my parents are strict and I'm not allowed to talk to girls. 

Since I just completed my 10th. My classmate and I used to have crush on each others and after 10th I decided to confess my feelings for her and eventually we ended up dating. 

So as you know the situation in my house, I had to save my girlfriend's number with my male friend's name Priyesh so they won't doubt me. 

My girlfriend would call me everyday and sometimes two times a day too and at first my family did not find it weird. But then, when they heard me laughing and smiling all the time or even get sad or cry they started asking me why is Priyesh making you smile or sad? What were you guys discussing? What's so secretive that you have to go to other room to talk to Priyesh? Basically they were asking me what's wrong with my behavior or if I'm getting into any trouble and hiding it from them.

I told them nothing's wrong with me and Priyesh is just someone who's not in my contact so we usually tell each others about what we do and all that's why our calls are long and enjoy the conversation. No need to worry.

But one day, I was in my room, my mom came to give me some pop corns but she heard something because of which the pop corn bowl fell from her hands like any dramatic typical serials.

"Um... I love you a lot~", I was talking with my girlfriend.

As a typical Indian parent my mom got shocked! She ran towards me and snatched the phone from me. She thought I was talking to a girl which I was! But the name of my girlfriend was saved as Priyesh~ A guy's name. 

When she looked at the phone to see who am I talking to she got even more shocked... It was Priyesh. A guy!

She thought I might have saved a girl's number with his name but then god wanted to give my mom one more shock.

When my mom took my phone, right at that moment my girlfriend's big brother asked her to pass the tablet...... and my mom heard that.

Bro I'm telling you my mom's face was pale completely! She even heard a guy's voice. 

She disconnected the call and called my dad telling him I'm gay.

My sister knew that I have a girlfriend and she was the one who gave me the idea of saving her name with a guy's name but now when my mom was doing "Kalesh" in the home thinking her son is a gay I thought my sister would interrupt and tell her the truth. 

I was quite scared at that time.

But what my sister did at that time was even more shocking.

"You don't let him talk to a girl then of course he will start liking boys! How can you expect your child not to ever talk to opposite gender and still want him to get married and make children with opposite gender?" She accused my mom. 

My dad was on call. He said he needs time to accept my gender identity. While my mom got insanely mad at me and my sister I didn't know why. 

I didn't want her to know I'm straight and have a gf but I couldn't tell her I was talking with my gf and all.

Both truth and lies were killing me inside at that moment. 

After a few hours later, my dad came home and asked me to stand in front of him. I didn't know what was going to happen next but thanks to my sister she supported me through out. Hey why am I talking like that lie was actually the truth? Lol!

My dad said, "I support you no matter what. Do what you want. If you are gay then that's not something you should get scared of, okay? But what I suggest you now is don't date anyone because you need to focus on your studies. Once you are in your graduation you can start just live your life the fullest. Okay?" 

I really liked how my dad talked to me and accepted me as a gay. He even convinced my mom for accepting my gender and be happy for me. 

"Dear, you know that people hide their gender identity and gets scared of the society. Now you tell me, if you don't support our child then who else will? Yeah we celebrate LBGTQ day but how many of us really accept them? And even if we accept them tell me will you be really accepting your child to be one of them? We need to change this thinking. We need to stand for him and for the whole community so our son can live happily with his partner late in future. I can't allow any bully tp hurt my son whether they are from his university, our relatives, or even anyone of us. I want my son to be strong enough to tell the world about his gender identity and not just protect himself but also attack when there's need." Dad convinced mom.

"But dad, you said need time to accept his gender identity." My sister said.

"Yes, because I was expecting to have a daughter-in-law and me and your mom were saving money to buy jewellery  for you and the future daughter-in-law. We had our dreams. That's why we needed time to accept the reality which we have accepted already. Doesn't matter its son-in-law or daughter-in-law we will keep on saving and investing for you guys." My dad said with a warm smile.

Without knowing I found myself crying like crazy. Never knew how much they loved me. We hugged tightly. It was such an emotional moment for all of us.

Though even after this incident my parents hasn't allow my sister to date but allowed her to have male friends and go out with them before 7:30pm. For me, I was told not to go beyond my limits with my boyfriend and be confident. I was also allowed to talk to girls but now the thing is.... I was not allowed to talk to other boys.

Well, as per my mom, since I have a boyfriend it is not so loyal of me if I talk with other boys.

But..... I AM NOT GAY! HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO TELL THEM THAT I HAVE A GIRLFRIEND NOT A BOYFRIEND? 

[Well I feel bad for his parents. But bro I love your family!]