chapter three

Eliana's POV:

With a somewhat bad mood I came back home from work and was greeted directly by my mother, who was standing in the kitchen.
"Eliana, how are you?" she asked me with a smile, while stirring the homemade soup, which is also my favorite.
Before I could even answer, my big sister burst in and frantically searched for something until she saw me.
"Eliana, there you are! Father is asking for you."
A bit confused, I left the kitchen and made my way to the living room where he was sitting on the sofa with my aunt.
"Hi guys... Has something happened?" I made my presence known.
My aunt greeted me with a smile, while my father's gaze was still on the television.
Yeah... as usual.
"Eliana, go to the town and get some pistachios. You know which store." he ordered me and showed me with his hand to leave immediately.
I came from work and I have to go out again?
Why can't my sister do this?
I quickly changed into a long beige dress and then walked into the town, since we don't live that far away.

After about 15 minutes, I finally arrived and made my way to the store.
"Buenos dias." I greeted the cashier named Luis and immediately smiled when he greeted me back with full cheer.
"Hello, little one. How are you?"
"Same as always...how are you and your family?"
I asked politely, hiding my hands behind my back out of habit.
"Good good...so what can I get for you?"
"Could you please prepare me 500 grams of pistachios?"
"But of course, I'll prepare them for you right away. You can wait, my daughter." He smiled and immediately disappeared.
This man is so sweet.
As long as he was gone, I looked around the little store that gives me many memories.
Through my father I have known Luis since I was little.
Every time we visited him and had a barbecue together... the time was nice.
"So my dear, here's the bag."
I flinched at the sudden presence and quickly turned around, which is why the basket full of nuts fell down in front of me.
A bit shocked I looked at the nuts that were all over the floor and started to pick them up, after apologizing.
"No no Eliana, get back up! Jorge, come here and clean this up quickly!" he shouted to his son, wanting to stop my movements, but I refused.
While Luis and Jorge went to get a broom, I was once again alone in the store, inwardly insulting myself for the awkward moment.
"Wait a minute, I need to buy something there. Hello-"
A man entered the store and looked surprised on the floor, which was still covered with pistachios.
It doesn't get much better than that.
"Need some help?" he addressed me on it, I shook my head and continued.
He, however, couldn't stop and knelt down in front of me, watching my movements, which made me nervous.
"What are you looking at?" I started to get impatient and rolled my eyes when he smiled.

"Are you selling macadamia too?"
Confused, I looked at him, expecting him to say it was a joke, but it was really serious.
"Who are you to provoke me?!" I hissed already angry and stood up when Luis came back with the bag of pistachios and Jorge with the broom.
The annoying stranger was still next to me, this time also looking confused.
"Do you always treat people who need help like this?" he whispered to me and I took a few steps away from him because he was getting really close to me.
"Only people who annoy me like you."
I thanked Luis when he gave me the bag and apologized again for the last time until I finally left.
I hope people like the weird stranger don't approach me again.