chapter twentythree

Eliana's POV:

The day was nothing special, the only thing I did was work and text with Pablo.
He and the boys wanted me to visit them in training, but I refused because it would be a little uncomfortable for me and instead laid on my bed the whole time.
That night I sent the last voice message to Pablo wishing him good luck for tomorrow's game against Manchester and finally fell asleep.
I thought about him all the time, because by now I already know how he is when he wins or loses a game.
And I don't have a good feeling for the game, generally not for the next day.

The vibrating from my phone woke me up and confused, I cleared the strands from my face because I didn't actually set an alarm.
I quickly realized why it was vibrating, Pablo's name appeared on my screen and after taking a quick look at how I looked, I accepted the video call.
"Hello mi Amor. Did you sleep well?"
"You woke me up." I admitted with a smile.
"Sorry I wanted to see your face before I got on the plane." He laughed through my reply and with a smile I sat up straight.
This conversation with him made me very happy and even though we didn't see each other in person, that was enough.
After this short phone call, I got ready and went to work, only this time I have a slightly shorter shift.

I didn't mind that Pablo didn't answer me while I was spamming him, he was surely still on the plane or already in the hotel and has no time to look at his phone.
As far as I know, they go straight into training after they check in.
And that's exactly why my day was boring, I couldn't keep myself busy except drawing new paintings or watching movies.
When I was about to go to the kitchen to finally bake something, I got a call from Christina.
"Hi Eli, are you free tonight?" she asked me directly.
For a moment I thought before answering her, because a question like that from her sounds dangerous.
Christina always comes up with stupid ideas.
"Yeah, why?"
"Do you want to go to a club with me and some other girls? It's in Madrid though."
Yes, that's exactly what I meant.
"You do realize that Madrid is 6 hours away?" Inwardly I hoped that she would give up after my sentence and leave me alone with the club thing, but of course that didn't work out.
"Yes we are going by train, it only takes 2 hours and a friend of mine has booked hotel rooms, we were going to spend the night there."
"I don't know..."
"Come on Eli. Your boyfriend is in Manchester and I think you took tomorrow off. Have some fun."
I had a sinking feeling but she's right.
The only thing I do is stay home, or just hangout in Barcelona. I've never been to Madrid.
The girls and I decided to leave already and get ready at the hotel, so I quickly packed my things to catch the train.
It was all a bit spontaneous, so I just told my parents that I would stay at Christina's place.

Once we arrived in Madrid, we put on makeup in our hotel rooms, took pictures together and then went out at 10pm.
It's been a long time since I've been out partying and I realized pretty quickly that the girls are very nice.
After half an hour we were already inside the club and danced together after having a drink.
It felt liberating, I completely forgot that I am in public and that I could be seen like that.
The club was getting more and more crowded from hour to hour, so it felt tight to move at all and that's why I decided to go to Christina, who was sitting somewhere with another friend.

As I was about to turn around, someone grabbed me by the waist and pushed me against himself so hard that I stumbled onto his chest.
"What a pretty girl...what's your name?"
I tried to break free from his grip, but the more I did it, the harder he held on and came so close to me with his face that I could smell the disgusting smell of alcohol coming from his mouth.
"You have to answer me when I ask you something. And I'm certainly not going to let go."