chapter twentytwo

Gavi's POV:

The next day was coming, in the morning I instantly checked if Eliana texted me and indeed she did.
With that, of course, she made my day better and with a smile I prepared for training until Pedro was there.
"Weren't you going to tell me about all this?" he asked me in the locker room, drawing the boys' attention with the question.
"Did something happen?"
"Did Eliana and you have a fight?"
"Are you guys not together anymore?"
"Well, you could give me her number if she's not your girl anymore."
After this comment from Frenkie, I threw my used jersey from yesterday's practice on his face, which made him scream in disgust.
"We had a fight yes... and she also saw me with my ex at the coffee shop yesterday. That made it all worse. In the evening I wanted to talk to her, found her in a bar with two other guys and guess what, she's friends with Dybala!" I started talking about the situation and continued after a short clearing of my throat.
"She went somewhere with him and the other friend didn't want her to see me. That's why we got into a fight, the guy was so disrespectful."
"Ouh Pablito, you really risk a lot for your girl."
I had to smile. It's true, I never thought I would get into a fight in public.
"What's that guy's name?" called Ansu in the corner with his phone in his hand.
"Emiliano or something, I can't really remember. Why?"
No one answered my question, they rather all stared at Ansu's phone and after a few seconds looked at me with widened eyes.
The guys were talking in confusion, some wondering why I really got into a fight with him, the others just talking about how he looked.
"Bro he looks like Nacho from 365 Days!"
Everyone looked at Araújo in silence.
"You know this?"
"You pervert."
"You can clearly tell that you're single."
"Find a girlfriend, my god."
"That's disgusting bro."
I watched them laughing and shaking my head with a grin as we walked into the field and they were still talking about Araújo's sentence.
Pedro tousled my hair, confirmed with his smile that he was satisfied with what I had done and so we started our training.
He probably was proud too, because of the kiss.
The game against Manchester was already tomorrow, through this stress I completely forgot that I still had to pack up my suitcase and that we had to fly tomorrow morning.
I would've thought to take Eliana with me to Manchester, but I know exactly how her work schedule looks like for this week and leave it at that.

Towards afternoon I lay on my bed again, next to me were various clothes that need to be packed into the suitcase, but I had no motivation.
Instead, I texted with Eliana.
She wanted to come to help me, but since she has a morning shift tomorrow, I declined her offer. Nevertheless I decided to see her in the evening.
Even if it is only for a few minutes, I need her closeness.
On Instagram I tried to distract myself a bit and saw on my feed a very interesting post about me and Eliana.

It made me very happy that my fans accept the relationship and that everything worked out.
I don't think anything could go wrong anymore.
But exactly when you have such a feeling, something will go 100% wrong.