-19-

The door mocks me. His glorious, very well done, and overdone door blocks me. Bella drops her butt on the ground looking between me and the door. She's excited to see her friend, the Duke being someone who enjoys fetch in the office while I'm working. I'd never had thought Victor would be an animal person, but like always, he took my assumption and shoved it where the sun don't shine, "I can't do this." I grunt turning away from the door. I shouldn't be such a child trying to ruin someone's evening. The Duke was wonderful and took the time to walk me through the village, even danced with me to any song I tapped my foot. No one had the slightest idea about us, and it was nice. No one called me lady, and least of all, no one took his attention from me.

"You always have my attention." His voice comes my back. Will he ever stop that, "I'll stop when you learn how to pay attention to your surroundings. It doesn't help you're standing in front of my bed chamber. How am I supposed to approach? From the ceiling?"  Is that sarcasm? I tilt my head to look at his smirk I already know grows on his lips, but my jaw drops at the sight: Victor DeMoro is very sweaty. Oh my. That's not what I expected. Just screw me, "I offered and you denied."

My hands slap over my mouth. Bella attempts to say hello, the leash holding her back. I drop it letting her run across the room shoving her butt between his legs and licking anywhere on his arms she can find. Another itch comes over my skin. Sweat man, my dog, and lots of love between them. I might cream right here, "What are you doing here?" I seethe through my teeth. This isn't anger, however, this is sexual frustration.

"I heard your dog whining for me from the gym, thought I'd see what horrendous things you were planning for me. I'd hoped it would be more naked, but..." A shrug. A mother- shrug. Every day this man seems less like a Duke and more like a man just trying to get laid, "I never denied that."

"I do not speak aloud that much!" I pull my hands from my face, "So how do you know what I'm about to say? Or not say?" My finger is pointing at him in an accusing manner. The Duke shrugs his shoulders, but I watch his eyes turn into a mischievous slits. He has a way of distracting me from the severity of my situation. Every day I learn something new, learn something terrifying that should have me running for the hills... and yet here I am about to crack a smile towards a man that could eat me alive.

"Tell me a secret, a good one, and I'll share mine." The voice that guided me to say it didn't feel like my own, more of an encouraging being thats shoving me forward. I doubt I have a secret anyways that Victor doesn't already know, he seems to have more information than I assumed.

The sweaty man-child crosses his arms, then leans in so I catch the male musk that comes with working out. Bring me to my knees why don't you, "One day I'll attempt to touch you, amante, and I'm starting to believe you won't refuse."

"Why don't we focus on more important things, like the fact that you're not the slightest bothered I'm standing outside your door?" Something fuzzes in my brain, like a wire that becomes disconnected. The secret I promised him forgotten, but he didn't seem upset by it. Being around him so much has led to this fail of function in my brain, "And why don't you come do something about it?" My dog sits at Victors command. He takes a blur of speed to move in front of me, his eyes turning dark. My head tilts back to meet his gaze, his hands stretch over my shoulders still hanging in the air. I'm at just the right height to be tucked into him, his body almost too perfect in pairing with my own.

"You don't know what you're asking for, love." He whispers gently. The hair on the back of my neck stands, my entire body becomes electric. This is it. Finally the growing ache within me can be sated and I can go back to hating every single bone in this vampire's body, "Give me permission."

What? Words don't form. The Duke steps back, a deep sigh leaving him. He's frustrated over something. I'm trying to figure out what I'd wrong, but he's stepping around me to enter his room. The sound of the lock was answer enough. The Duke is done with me for the evening.

~

            My body cracks in a hundred places when I pull myself up from the bed. Irene is looking at me from the end. The Duke called off our dinner together after our interaction, and from the face of Irene, he's called off breakfast as well, "Did I screw up or something?" I beg her. She knows more than she'll ever give on. Her ears trace the walls listening to all the gossip, a typical of the housekeepers.

            This time, however, to my surprise she answers, "A monster's escaped from holding. He's tracking it with his men. If all goes according to plan, he'll be back later this evening." Fear slips between her lips, and I can sense the subtle shakes of her body while she makes the announcement, "The Duke gave the order for you to stay in the manor. Bella will be handled accordingly, but I wouldn't worry for her. This monster doesn't go for the animals."

            "Irene you're worrying me. Why are you shaking so badly if the Duke is going after it?"

            "We only have one full blooded human in this manor, and it's headed straight for us."

.

.

.

.