-22-

"Check." He calls out between us, his knight landing just perfect to take my king without hesitation. I see a perfect outing, the world of chess morphing just enough so I can plot my next three moves. I'll get you next.

"All's fair, go ahead." I wave my hand between us moving myself out of check. He appeared to be going easy on me, and I intend to change that. Victor shifts in his seat to think through what he'd like to ask. How delicious you look I think to myself sitting across from him while he stares outside into the garden.

It's the smirk that has my heart skipping a beat, "Tell me a little about your life on the other side of wall."

"Oh..." That's easy, "I had a friend named Soca. She and I were two peas in a pod when it came to friendship. As my parents are dead I've been on my own for while, and she's always been my go to human. Both her and I were studying the same major and had hopes to land the same company when it came application time. Um my dog is perfect. I love her more than life itself sometimes but I don't love how much she likes to put her butt in my face. In my apartment she would...." I catch myself before I start rambling. One it's rude to sit across from someone and selfishly talk about how much you loved the other side of the world, the other part being how much I want to avoid him finding out how much I like this side.

We shift a few pieces, my mouth in a soft smile when I whisper, "Check." Victor waits patiently for me to ask my question. Just as he had, I take my time to think through, "Why me?"

"Haven't I answered this before?"

"You lied before. I just want a genuine answer on why you chose me out of all the talented women across the wall." He goes to move his piece while he thinks. I try to study his stoic face for some unsaid response.

"They weren't you. Evelyn it took me years to find you. I'm happy with my choice and I wish I knew a better way to answer."

"You could start with the truth." I grumble pushing myself back from the desk, "Every single day has been new information against the old. Nothing I learned growing up is correct, entire species I didn't know existed now could hunt me. I just want one honest answer. One. At least enough of a response that I don't have to hunt or almost be killed for."

Victor looks up from the table to see my frustrated form. I'm obviously angry, and more so by the moment. Especially when he looks so delicious just sitting in his chair, those arms flexing with each movement. Just kiss me. You don't have to answer just please, relieve me of this want, "Give me permission."

"What?" Victor DeMoro.

He pushes up from the chair the pieces scattering over the board, "Give me permission to touch you and I will."

That simple. I ponder for a moment. Surprisingly he ended up being right, he's right. I want him and I'm tired of denying myself, "Touch me, Victor. Please."

He's a blur shifting in front of me. I'm moved faster than my brain can process across the room to his desk, my butt landing on the wooden top, "Say my name again."

"Victor." I moan as his gloved hand wraps around my breast. Victor gently lays me back his eyes the blood red I've come to find comfort in, but now with a new determination and pleasure. And he feels this for me.

"Love I've been dreaming about this since I first saw you." He lifts my ankle kissing the inner part of my calf, "Tell me to stop at any point."

.

.

.

.
a new weekly update schedule to be released! thanks!