A Trip Through The Graveyard

Laurie peered out of her bedroom window, watching her breath form small clouds in the cold autumn air. She had always been a little daring, more than willing to take risks when no one else would. Knowing that nighttime was the best time to be daring, Laurie decided to take a shortcut through the graveyard even though the old legends her grandmother had told her about the graveyard had always made her anxious.

Just before she set off, Laurie stopped to take in her surroundings. The graveyard had been her grandmother’s favorite place to visit after her husband had passed away and Laurie felt like taking this shortcut was her grandmother's way of watching over her. Softly placing her hand on the cool gravestone, Laurie said a silent prayer asking for guidance.

With great trepidation, Laurie began her journey through the graveyard, the sound of her footsteps echoing in the eerie stillness of the night. For the first few minutes, she felt safe, picking up her pace as she made her way through the dark, mossy grounds. Her heart was beating fast as she slowly made her way past crumbling gravestones, half expecting a ghostly figure to appear out of the darkness at any moment.

The sound of leaves rustling behind her made her jump, her heart racing as she picked up her pace, hoping to make her exit as quickly as possible. But then, to her horror, out of the corner of her eye, Laurie saw a figure gliding silently through the shadows. She froze in fear, unable to move as the figure slowly advanced towards her, a chill running down her spine as her fear intensified.

In a desperate attempt to escape, Laurie began sprinting, her footsteps muffled by the soft carpet of fallen leaves. As she desperately tried to make her way out of the graveyard, the figure seemed to be getting closer and closer, until finally, Laurie felt an icy cold hand grip her shoulder, sending her into a state of shock.

Laurie screamed out in terror, her scream cutting through the eerie silence of the graveyard, but still the figure continued to pursue her. Finally, after what felt like an eternity of running, Laurie broke free of the figure’s grip, the sound of her racing footsteps echoing in the still night air as she dashed across the grounds and towards the safety of her home.

When Laurie finally arrived home, she was panting and exhausted, her nerves shot after her terrifying experience. Despite her fear, Laurie felt a strange sense of relief. In the few moments while she was running, all of her worries and fears had diffused, leaving her with a newfound clarity and strength, and a clear understanding that she was in control of her destiny.

Now, whenever Laurie takes a shortcut through the graveyard, she does so with an air of confidence knowing that the figure is no longer pursuing her.