Drugs And Ghosts Don't Mix

Lawrence Taylor had been a hardworking man all his life. His wife, Sarah, had been an elementary school teacher for the last 10 years; his children, Jessica and James, were working their way up at the university. He considered himself a blessed man and never stopped to contemplate the many small things which could be improved in his life.

It all started a few weeks ago when Lawrence decided to take a chance on a new experience. He had heard of a mysterious hallucinogenic drug a few of his friends had been experimenting with and decided to give it a try. He had no idea of what the outcome would be, but was open to the experience.

That first night he took the drug, Lawrence had drifted off to a dreamless sleep and awoke some time later to find himself standing in front of a large mirror, illuminated by a single halogen light. He was totally unaware of his surroundings and felt unable to move as he stared into the mirror.

Suddenly, as if in response to a cue in the music, a ghostly apparition appeared before him. It was a tall, slender figure with long white robes and a wispy beard, standing at his bedside and gazing down upon him with an expression of concern. The face of the figure seemed both sad and serious.

Lawrence felt a chill down his spine as the figure stared at him with unreadable eyes, and he was paralyzed with fear. Slowly, the figure stretched out a pale arm, as if to touch him, and Lawrence awoke with a start.

Before he had time to process his dream, Lawrence heard a voice in the darkness. "Do not be afraid," the voice said, in a soft but authoritative tone. "It is only I, your guardian spirit, here to offer guidance and knowledge. Take this pill and you shall see the truth".

Lawrence was too scared to reach out and take the pill, but eventually he forced himself to do so. Within minutes he felt as though a veil had been lifted from his eyes and he began to hallucinate. His bedroom became a kaleidoscope of patterns and images – faces of loved ones, distant memories and strange visions of a distant future.

The visions were all similar in that they were intense and overwhelming; Lawrence felt as if he were in the presence of something intangible yet powerful. A seemingly endless cycle of vivid daydreams and distorted memories filled his head and before long he fell into a deep sleep.

When he awoke the next morning, Lawrence felt slightly different. He felt more relaxed and less anxious than usual, with an odd feeling of clarity and understanding. He looked around his bedroom, taking in the simple wooden bed, the morning light streaming through the window and the remains of the pill still on the bedside table. His experiences of the night before lingered in his mind, but he could not make any sense of them.

The following days were much the same. Lawrence went to work as normal, but he could not shake the feeling that something was different. His colleagues noticed it too and asked him numerous questions but he couldn't explain. After a few days of increasing confusion and inquiries, Lawrence eventually confided in his wife who urged him to return to the drug. Not wanting to take the risk a second time, Lawrence instead turned to his local library, reading up on all he could find on the subject of hallucinogens and psychological effects.

Armed with a better understanding of the drug and its potential dangers, he eventually decided to try it once again. This time he was far more prepared and was determined to have a better experience. He was particularly interested in the potential for astral projection, an out of body experience or an encounter with a spiritual presence from another plane.

On the night before attempting this experience, Lawrence drank a chamomile tea and meditated for 20 minutes in order to relax. He then lit a few candles and sat in the darkness, slowly waiting for the effects of the pill to take hold.

At first nothing happened, however after a few moments he started to see bright colors floating in the air around him and he soon drift into a trance-like state. His eyes closed and he felt a gentle tugging sensation as he began to drift away from his physical body – then, suddenly, the figure of a tall, slender man with a wispy beard and white robes appeared at his bedside.

The figure appeared to be observing Lawrence with intense scrutiny, yet he felt no fear. In fact, he welcomed the man's presence and bowed in respect. The ghostly apparition then gently reached forwards and touched his forehead, as if to give him some unspoken wisdom.

From that moment on, Lawrence was filled with an intense feeling of awe and wonder. He was filled with a deep understanding of the universe and a profound inner peace - something that he had never felt before in his life.

Over the next few days, Lawrence continued to take small doses of the hallucinogen in order to maintain the sensation he experienced under its influence. He also experienced more spiritual revelations and visions - both pleasant and painful. Despite the occasional dark moments, he felt an increased degree of happiness and optimism and the strength to adapt to any situation.

In conclusion, Lawrence Taylor's experiment with the hallucinogen gave him a newfound sense of spirituality and a deeper understanding of the cosmic order. Although his experience was intense and overwhelming, it also brought with it incredible insight, peace and clarity. Lawrence felt he had been turned inside out and reassembled into something totally different - a better version of himself.