The Shrieking Lady

Malcolm had been driving home from work, his mind on the pile of paperwork waiting for him on his desk. He had been so focused on getting home that he hadn't noticed when his car began to sputter and cough.

It wasn't until the engine made a loud, groaning noise that he realized something was wrong. He pulled over to the side of the road and got out to take a look.

The car was dead. There was no mistaking it. Malcolm cursed under his breath and pulled out his phone. He had no signal. He was in the middle of nowhere, and there was no one to call for help.

He grabbed his bag and started walking. The road was dark, and the only sounds were the crunch of gravel under his feet and the occasional hoot of an owl. He tried to remember how far it was to the nearest town, but he couldn't recall.

As he walked, he couldn't shake off the feeling that someone, or something, was following him. He kept turning around, but there was no one there. He shrugged it off and kept walking.

It wasn't until he heard the sound of a woman's shrieks that he realized he wasn't alone. He froze, his heart pounding in his chest. The shrieks were coming from somewhere ahead of him, and they were getting louder.

Malcolm's mind raced. He knew he should turn back, but he couldn't bring himself to do it. He had to know what was making that noise.

He walked faster, the shrieks growing louder and more frantic. He could see a figure in the distance, a woman in white. She was running towards him, her long hair flying behind her.

He could see the terror on her face, and he knew that whatever was chasing her was close behind. He could hear footsteps, heavy and fast, getting closer and closer.

He ran towards the woman, but she was too fast. She passed him, her screams echoing in his ears. He turned to see what was chasing her, but there was nothing there. The footsteps stopped, and the shrieks faded away.

Malcolm was alone again, but he knew that the shrieking woman in white was real. He was too scared to continue walking and decided to wait for morning or any help that may come his way. He didn't sleep that night, his eyes fixed on the road, waiting for the ghostly woman to return. He never spoke of that night again, but the memory of the shrieking woman in white haunted him for the rest of his days.