Haunted Train Tracks

It was a dark and stormy night as two boys, Tim and Jerry, walked home along an abandoned stretch of train tracks deep in the forest. The only light came from the occasional bolt of lightning that illuminated the towering trees and twisted underbrush. The boys were best friends, and they had always loved exploring the woods, but tonight there was something different in the air. They could feel it in their bones, a sense of unease that seemed to cling to the very air around them.

"I don't like this, Jerry," said Tim, his voice shaking. "I have a bad feeling about this place. Let's just go home."

"Come on, Tim," said Jerry, his voice tinged with excitement. "You know how much you love a good scare. Besides, there's nothing to be afraid of. It's just an old abandoned railway."

Despite his words, Jerry couldn't shake the feeling that something was watching them. He could hear the rustling of bushes and the snapping of twigs, but whenever he turned to look, there was nothing there.

"It's probably just the wind," he said, more to convince himself than Tim. "Come on, let's keep going."

The boys walked in silence for a few minutes, the only sounds the howling wind and the pounding of their own hearts. Suddenly, Jerry heard a blood-curdling scream. He froze, and Tim's grip on his arm tightened.

"What was that?" Tim asked, his voice barely above a whisper.

"I-I don't know," Jerry stammered. "Maybe it was an animal."

But deep down, he knew it wasn't. The scream had been too human, too filled with pain and terror.

Suddenly, a figure appeared out of the darkness. It was a woman, but her head was missing. She was shrouded in a long, tattered cloak, her arms stretched out in front of her. The boys could see the stump where her head should have been, and they could smell the rotting flesh.

"Who are you?" Jerry asked, trying to sound brave.

The headless woman didn't answer. She just stood there like some re-animated corpse.

"Let's get out of here," Tim said, tugging on Jerry's arm.

But Jerry couldn't move. He was rooted to the spot, staring at the ghostly figure in front of him. The woman let out another scream, this one louder and more terrifying than the last.

"Come on!" Tim shouted, pulling Jerry away.

The boys ran as fast as they could, not stopping until they reached the safety of their homes. They never spoke of that night again, but they both knew that the headless woman of the abandoned railway would haunt them forever.

From that day on, Tim and Jerry avoided the abandoned railway. But they couldn't shake off the feeling that the headless woman was still out there, still wandering the woods, still waiting for her next victims.