The Church In The Woods

The sun shone brightly upon the open fields, small animals rustling in the dense thicket of trees surrounding the area. It was a peaceful place. A small oasis away from the hustle and bustle of city life, perfect for camping and getting away from Reality.

Three women, Evie, Shania and Tilda, had decided to spend a weekend in this peaceful setting, even if for just a couple of days. The plan was to pitch tents, light a bonfire, and enjoy the serenity of nature. Little did they know, however, just how spectacular the experience was about to be.

As they set up the tents and got everything in order, they enjoyed a picnic lunch in the sun. After the meal, the three of them decided to go for a walk in order to explore the surrounding area. As they walked, they noticed a small path leading into the woods. The path was slightly overgrown with grass, indicating that it hadn't been used in some time. To quench their curiosity, they decided to follow the path and see where it led.

After what felt like quite some time, they finally came to the edge of a clearing up ahead. Inside it laid a beautiful old church, with a tall bell tower standing proudly at its center. The three women were beyond excited, their curiosity now extremely piqued.

Approaching the church cautiously, they noticed that the windows were all shuttered and the entrance door was locked. With no accessible way in, they decided to take a look around the perimeter of the building instead. As they did, an eerie silence befell the area and an overwhelming sense of dread fell upon them.

The feeling only grew worse when Evie found a small, old-fashioned hand bell lying in the grass nearby.

"I think we should get out of here," said Shania, her voice trembling in fear.

But the other two women were undeterred. After all, this was a chance to experience something new, something out of the ordinary. They decided to stay and explore, vowing to stick together the entire time.

It didn't take long before they discovered that the church was, indeed, haunted. Shadows seemed to flit around the village and occasionally they would hear a low, raspy voice as if someone was calling out to them. They also heard a strange and foreboding tinkling noise coming from the church itself, as if it were an old-fashioned music box playing a song of gloom.

The three of them quickly decided to leave, and only just managed to make it out of the clearing as the sun started to set.

After that experience, the women became close friends and continued to camp together any chance they got. They still talk of their ghostly encounter and, on occasion, they still visit the old church to this day, despite the creepy atmosphere.

Though they still don't know what haunts the church, the three of them remain bonded together and now have a profound appreciation for the power of the unknown.

That old church remains a reminder of the strange and surreal – and of the adventure they had all those years ago.