Jaywalker

Sabrina and Roxy were driving home one night, chatting and laughing as they made their way down the dark and lonely road. They were both in their early twenties and had been friends since childhood.

As they drove, they noticed a figure standing on the side of the road. As they got closer, they could see that it was a teenage girl, her clothes torn and her face dirty. She looked like she had been through a lot.

"Should we stop and help her?" Sabrina asked, glancing over at Roxy.

Roxy hesitated for a moment, but then nodded. "Yeah, I think we should. She looks like she needs help."

Sabrina pulled the car over and the two girls got out. The teenage girl approached them hesitantly, her head down.

"Are you okay?" Sabrina asked, her voice filled with concern.

The girl didn't answer, but instead just looked up at them with a strange, blank expression.

"Do you need a ride somewhere?" Roxy asked.

The girl nodded silently, and Sabrina and Roxy helped her into the car.

As they drove, the girl remained quiet, her eyes fixed straight ahead. Sabrina and Roxy exchanged worried glances, but didn't say anything. They were both feeling a sense of unease about the girl, but couldn't quite put their finger on why.

After a few minutes of driving, the girl suddenly reached up and began to peel the skin from her face. Sabrina and Roxy screamed in terror as they saw the ghostly visage underneath, with hollow eyes and a mouth full of razor-sharp teeth.

"What do you want from us?" Sabrina shouted, her hands shaking on the steering wheel.

The ghostly girl's voice was cold and hollow as she spoke, "I was murdered on this road, and I've been waiting for someone to pick me up. Now that you have, I'll possess one of you and use your body to seek revenge on my killer."

The car swerved as Sabrina tried to keep control, Roxy was paralyzed in fear. They didn't know what to do, but they knew they had to get away from this ghostly girl before it was too late. They pulled over and both girls ran out of the car and into the night, never looking back.

They never spoke of the girl again, but the memory of that night would haunt them for the rest of their lives. They never knew if the ghost girl was still out there, waiting for her next unsuspecting victim.