Phantom Dog

John was a lone hiker, who loved to explore the wild and untamed beauty of the Scottish moors. He had heard stories of the fearsome phantom dog that haunted the area, but he didn't believe in such superstitions.

One evening, as he was walking along the moors near Glencoe, he heard a strange noise behind him. He turned around but there was nothing there. He shrugged it off and continued on his hike.

As he walked deeper into the moors, the noise grew louder and closer. He turned around again and this time, he saw something that made his blood run cold.

A large and ferocious phantom dog was charging towards him, its eyes glowing with an otherworldly light. John's heart raced as he realized that this was no ordinary dog, but something far more terrifying.

He tried to run, but the dog was too fast. It was gaining on him, its hot breath on his heels. John could feel its teeth baring down on him, and he knew that he was done for.

He closed his eyes and braced for the impact, but it never came. When he opened his eyes, the dog was gone.

John was left alone, shaken and confused. He knew that he had just encountered something that defied explanation. He never went back to the moors again, and he never spoke of his experience to anyone.

But he knew deep down that the phantom dog was still out there, and it was only a matter of time before it would come for him again.