3. A Mother's Worry

Only the best for my family my fucking ass, she thought, bitterly.

Staring at the sorry excuse of a motel room, the petite woman let out a scoff in disbelief. She was positive she had seen something running under the shitty desk at the very corner, and held tighter onto the toddler's hand.

The boys were too exhausted from their travels to even try and annoy their mother, running past her and face-planting onto the closet double bed they could find.

"Boys, no! Get up, we're not staying here." She called out, fury sketching onto her face.

She couldn't believe him.

Scratch that she could.

But she didn't think he would stoop this low and let the kids stay in this unhygienic, filthy forsaken room. Even with the light on, it appeared to have a grey cast looming over it.

Little Zeki was the first to object, his words muffled in what she feared were flea-infested sheets. "I wanna sleep, Ma!"

"And you will." Promised the tired Bengali, shaking her head. "But we're not staying here. I'm going to call your father and he's going to come and take us someplace else. Okay? Can you two stay awake until then?"

"Nope. My eyes are like bricks are falling on them!" Ayaz cried dramatically. "They can't stop closing!"

She couldn't even roll her eyes as she would usually do, too annoyed to react. "Ayaz." She called, then another warning. "Zeki."

"Please behave for once, I'm telling you now we're not staying here so I don't want either of you to even dare to sleep right now. Up you get. Now."

They listened.

Not liking the sound of the mother's tone and pouted, sitting on the side of the bed. Their jackets were still on as were their shoes much to her relief, she watched them attempt to entertain themselves and looked down at her baby girl.

"Sweetheart, why don't you go over there and play with your brothers? Mommy needs to take a call."

Ayla's lip puckered up, and she rubbed her face into her mother's leg. "No..."

To be completely honest, she didn't blame the clingy, sleepy two-year-old. She was certain the boys would make their sister cry within seconds of playing and that was enough for her to lean down and pick her up in her arms.

She cuddled into her side, pressing her face into her neck as Mishti searched for the phone in her handbag. Their suitcases were still by the entrance of the room, which she figured Demir had placed in there whilst she was busy judging every inch of the place.

The thought of her bodyguard being outside relaxed only a little, and she let out a controlled sigh.

Where the fuck had he even gone?

The last she saw of him he was feeding Ayla and then she was dozing off. She woke up many hours later to find the twins and Ayla tucked in the makeshift beds, and he was no longer in the same vicinity.

He went back to the bedroom, locking himself in there for what she assumed was work. It also meant that no one bothered him.

Then they were landed a couple more hours later and he was kissing the kids goodbye and telling her that he needed to go but that they would be taken to their place of stay.

The drive over was rather easy, everyone was pretty exhausted so getting to the location wasn't a worry.

Though now that they were here, it was a whole other story.

She had to call him five times for him to pick up.

"What?" His familiar growl echoed through her ear causing her to bite down on her lip to stop herself from retaliating.