16. Paralysed

Emir Reis was a man who many did not want to get on the wrong side of. The thirty year old had nothing to lose. The life he once knew no longer existed and with no family of his own left, he didn't hold mercy for anyone the way he once had.

He lost his humanity years ago. His parents had raised him to be a respectful young man, one that held core values and exercised morals. They never wanted him to be a part of their world, his father had been caught up in the dark side of life for as long as he could remember. To put plainly, they were criminals who wanted their son to do better-be better.

And yet here he was, married to the very woman who had killed them.

Despite her current motherly image, she was far from a saint. The woman was a dark force. Correction, she was a strong, fierce, explosive woman that could be extremely volatile when she was provoked. And unfortunately, he had seen that side one too many times.

If he was being honest had situations been different then Mishti Begum was the kind of woman he wanted. He needed someone that could keep up with his mean persona, she didn't flinch or become scared easily when he threatened her. Rather, she threatened him back in a way he knew not to push her further.

He was a family man, he liked knowing his children were the spitting images of their parents. But that didn't mean he liked her.

No, he merely tolerated her for the sake of the children.

However, he didn't cheat nor did he entertain the idea of being disloyal.

He didn't play around either. He had gotten her pregnant within two weeks of them being married on their honeymoon, in which the twins were born as their little Valentine's Day gift and he was immediately ready for another. It was her idea to wait for Ayla. Though, she obviously didn't wait very long since she fell pregnant again when the boys were only two.

Giving his wife an empty stare, she rose a brow in awaiting. "Taking a phone call isn't going to solve the issue here, Emir. Who the hell is she?"

He was mid-type, pausing to narrow his eyes on her. "I'm organising for her to come and meet your psycho ass."

"Don't call me a fucking psycho! You want to see psycho?" She yelled at him, getting up to snatch his phone out of his hand.

Fortunately, he saw it coming and held the phone out of her reach. "Sit down." He growled.

"Make me!"

Maybe that was her first mistake, she let out a sudden scream as she fell roughly back against the chair. He wasn't slow to get in her face, gripping her jaw so hard so was forced to look up at him.

"I told you once, you're acting like a fucking crazy little bitch. I'm not seeing anyone, she isn't who you think she is."

They were unable to talk freely as the sound of loud wailing broke the tension.

Although it didn't sound like the usual fake tears she was used to hearing, a shiver ran down her spine and she had a gut feeling something was wrong. Very wrong.

Call it a mother's intuition.

She was the first to switch, shoving herself up and batting his hands off her. "W-What was that?" She hissed softly.