Chapter 6

Ra'ona stood at the edge of their shared hut, what the Metkayina called a marui, staring down into the water while zoning out. 
She sighs looking to the sky while running her fingers through her hair, already missing the dense jungle and the smell of dirt, flowers and rain. Even the stickiness of nectar droplets on her skin. She spots Tsireya, Aonung and Roxto as they dive into the water, her eyes trailing after Tsireya as she swims.

Her ears twitch as she hears someone approach, making her grin and go to turn, Only to be pushed into the water by Neteyam who had a wide toothy grin. Ra'ona yelps, tumbling into the water, it's cold, refreshing feeling enveloping her as she blinks rapidly to get rid of the blurry vision before kicking to resurface. She glares up at Neteyam who was hunched over laughing with his braids swinging onto his face. Shooting his brother a smirk before he steps back, he goes to leap into the ocean beside her and swims up to her. Lo'ak rolls his eyes at his brother before doing the same, The three splashing on each other, before Ra'ona furiously kicks at the water in an attempt to escape their attacks, with no avail as Lo'ak grabs her waist and spins her around clumsily. 

His yellow eyes flicking back and forth from the water to Ra'ona's face as she scrunches up her nose in an attempt to shake off the pieces of hair stuck to her cheek. Her eyes then move and focus onto the boy, smiling playfully as her irises dilate.

Neteyam swims over closer to the pair, his eyes trailing on them as he bites his lip lightly, his ear flattening down as he looks away with a pained face. Ra'ona shakes her head and chuckles, pushing Lo'ak away before diving down deeper to explore, Lo'ak just floats, staring at his hands where he once held the girl, before joining Neteyam and Ra'ona under water.

The fish and coral moved smoothly, Ra'ona's eyes widening as she scans the area, swimming deeper down to look at the gorgeous ecosystem. Lo'ak and Neteyam also doing the same, their gazes still flicking over to the girl occasionally and watching as her hair floated around her face hypnotically with an excepting to a few braids. 

A large fish, which almost looked like a sunfish in her eyes, swims past her with a burst of energy. The force causing her to tumble and flip clumsily in the vast blue. Neteyam and Lo'ak just choke as they accidently release their breath unable to hold in their laughter, bubbles of air bursting out of their mouth and rushing to the surface. Ra'one pathetically flails her arms and turns to them, flicking them off with both arms, narrowing her eyes at them. The brothers swiftly kick to the surface as they run out of air.

 . . . 

Ra'ona stood by Kiri as she smiled, watching Tuk giggle and swim around in the shallows.
She glances over at Aonung who made clicking noises attracting a few of the ilu in the area. Their round slimy looking heads popping out and glancing at the children questioningly, Their fins bob out of the water as they tumble.
Aonung turns to the rest as Ra'ona walks towards the ilu with a smile, her eyes flicking between the playful looking creatures.

He stares at them in slight annoyance. "These are ilu." He gestures with his larger hand, before continuing. "If you want to stay here, you'll have to learn to ride."
Ra'ona smirks, turning to the boys and sticking out her tongue before moving to an Ilu, Neteyam and Lo'ak, also moving to their own ones with little grins. Tsireya stands beside Lo'ak as he goes to make the connection, Lo'ak staring at her slightly in what Ra'ona registers as love.

Tsireya holds up the ilu's qeue to him as she explains. "Make the bond gently." 
Her voice sweet, blue eyes glancing up at Ra'ona before looking away quickly as she tucks her hair behind her ear.