Chapter 9

Ra'ona was shivering, huddling into Lo'ak's chest for warmth. Though the blood loss had controlled, it was still going, and as time passed she grew colder.
Lo'ak rocked her back and forth in worry as he glances at payankan, who was attempting to warm her up by finding some seaweed. 

She lets out a choked cough, nuzzling her face into the boy's neck further.
"Woah woah, stay awake okay Ro? someone'll find us, just hang on."
Ra'ona laughs bitterly and grins up at him.
"I'm fine, I was just thinking of different ways to kill Aonung when we get back."
Lo'ak smiles at this, before pushing her head back down onto his shoulder gently, his tail wraps around her waist as she hisses and slightly cradles her arm, which had begun to lose sensation.
The night had begun, the huge moon illuminating the world around them, faint glowing can be seen from deep bellow the water.

Lo'ak watches as their bodies light up, millions of specks glowing like stars in the sky.
Ra'ona gasps slightly and groans, gripping Lo'ak at the tingling in her arm, If the search parties didn't find them soon, she was going to lose it, and she was sure of that.

Her eyes flick back up to Lo'ak. "So, you reckon I'd look hot with one arm?"
This made the boy widen his eyes and flick her forehead, causing her to pout. 
"Don't say that!"

This make Ra'ona stick her tongue out at him.
He pauses momentarily, and his face goes lightly purple, not being shown in the night.
"Well, I would think you look hot without any limbs too so it's fine-"
Ra'ona huffs and pinches his cheek,
"You might just get me to marry you."
Lo'ak widens his eyes and looks down, just as the two here the Metkayina searching for them.

Ra'ona moves to look at payankan with a smile. "You should go okay? We'll come back and visit you."

The creature clicking happily and swimming away as the two Na'vi teens slip into the water, Lo'ak holds on Ra'ona tightly as she poorly tries to stay afloat.

 . . . 

The Metkayina soldiers' arrival back in the compound caused horns to be sounded, and many came out to wait for their arrival. Lo'ak Jumping of slightly angry and waiting for Ra'ona, Who was getting helped down by one of the soldiers, who gave her a kind smile and a head pat as he let Lo'ak hold onto her. The girl gives him a fist bump in return and cradles her cut arm which was now completely numb, Lo'ak shooting her a concerned look as he holds onto her and walks forward.

Lo'ak glares at Aonung lightly, seeing as Tonowari was watching, before glancing over at Ra'ona who was openly glaring at the boy, almost flipping him off with her eyes.
Jake walks in from the side, stopping the two from walking forward as he scans his son's face.
"Hey you ok? Let me look at you."
He sighs and reassures everyone. "He's fine! He's fine!"
Before looking over to Ra'ona who was still glaring over at Aonung just as Neytiri joins the group, hissing slightly and motioning to her face.
"I pray for the strength that I will not pluck the eyeballs out from my youngest son!"
Neteyam's eyes widen as he catches Ra'ona's wound and goes to her side, she gives him a smile, indicating for him to stay by his brother before turning to Tonowari.

As Tonowari goes to speak, Ra'ona talks, moving in front of Lo'ak. 
"It's my fault ma'am." she looks up to Neytiri who slightly surprised.
She bows her head to Tonowari and Ronal.
"I am sorry for the trouble we have caused, we meant no harm."
Ronal's eyes catch onto the blood that dripped down the girl's arm, making her widen her eyes lightly, the gash was now discoloured, the bleeding starting once again.

Her eyes move to Jakes, face emotionless. "I think I'm going to go inside sir, I broke my word saying I'll be no trouble, I'm sorry."
She bows her head again.

She sighs and looks to Lo'ak, patting his face and whispering into his ear.
"Don't take the blame okay?"