Chapter 14

Payankan could feel it.

How the ocean felt dead and lifeless, how the creatures had lost their luminescent glow.

As the ship had sunk with Lo'ak and Jake,  Neytiri and Tuk. The ocean came alive for that moment. Fish that shone like stars, acting as guardian, leading the sullies away from their doom. Like Eywa was protecting them.

Though, once all of them were safe, the light left once again. 
The steady beating had slowed, almost faded, and the world seemed to die at that moment.

Even the forest, Rona's home,  Felt the change.

The inhabitance, Falling, kneeling with their bodies to the ground. The spirit tree's glow, dimming to nothing. The Clan felt it, as they all stood around the tree in worry, chanting in an attempt to bring back it's glow.
Tarsem watches on, hand bringing his braid to connect to the tree, in hopes of finding the answers to the sudden change.

Neytiri was desperately kissing and hugging her mate, almost having lost him, her heart couldn't take another wave of grief. Neteyam watched them, his eyes hollowed and empty as he turns his head to look at Kiri and Tuk, who huddled together on Payankan.

Lo'ak sat on his fin, head leant against the large creatures face.

The family all rode on Payankan, as he guided them towards the rock where Tsireya sat beside Ra'ona's body. Payankan lets out a sorrowful song. 

The world went quiet as Neytiri froze once again, her eyes brimming with tears as she diverts them.

Tsireya didn't look up at the family, she only held Rona's cold hand to her chest as she knelt by her, small sobs sounding out muffled. Her eyes were slightly open, and though Jake had attempted to close them, they never fully shut and showed her painful last breaths.
The stars scattered along her body, glow dimly, as do her eyes that lay lifeless.
Small strands of hair stick to her cheek, whilst her mouth is slightly ajar.
She looked sad, anything but at peace.