Chapter 13

A mothers rage, can be the most terrifying and most beautiful thing for one to witness in their lifetime.

Yet those who are subjected to it, are as good as dead. . . . .

Rage coursed through her veins, the beating of her erratic heart drowning out all reason.

"Rona! RONA!" Neytiri desperately yells, shaking the girls body in an attempt to 'wake her'.

Realisation finally hits as she lets out another wail. Neytiri's golden eyes squinting and losing light as she hunches over her daughter's body, crying.
For the first time in years, since the birth of his first child, Jake lets out his tears, both his hands going to cover his face as his cries come out muffled.

Ra'ona's words whispering in his ear.

"You're proud of me?"

Neteyam cradles the girl's head in his arms, strangely as sense of calm flowing through him as he examines her face. Something was wrong, she didn't seem dead to him, not in the slightest.

Even though her eyes appear glassy, and her pupils dilated, They didn't lose colour.
He bows his head and lets out a sob, tears dropping onto the girls cheek as his heart clenches.
He started to think, maybe he was going crazy, he couldn't live without her even if he tried.

A few moments pass, Neytiri's wails coming to an end as she abruptly stands, her face snapping towards the sinking ship, her eyes sunken and wide, holding a psychotic glare full of wrath. Jake too breaths in sharply, slowly rising to his feet as he watches his mate storm past, grabbing her bow off the ground and standing by her Ikran, face full of anger.

Jake moves to the girl's face, swiping down on her eyelids gently and allowing them to shut, before releasing a trembling breath.
He turns his head to Lo'ak who stares blankly at Ra'ona's body after counting his children.
His voice breaking.

"Where's Kiri and Tuk?"