𝓨𝓮𝓪𝓻 1, 𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 1: 𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓛𝓮𝓽𝓽𝓮𝓻𝓼 𝓯𝓻𝓸𝓶 𝓝𝓸 𝓞𝓷𝓮

~ chapter one: the letters from no one ~

before i start actually writing this chapter, i need to tell you all something about the plot itself.

like i stated before, the plot will loosely follow the storyline of the original harry potter series, but of course, this is a yandere story, meaning that there will be yandere actions. i will change some events so that this story will make more sense.

and I know most x readers have e/c for the eyes, but in this story the reader will have green eyes.

"Up! Get up, now!"

Y/N Black groaned as she rubbed the sleepiness out of her eyes and blinked a couple of times. Woken up at six in the morning by a grumpy orphanage manager who couldn't care less about the children was not her idea of fun, but she'd be lucky to get food today if she didn't wake up.

"Are you up yet?"

"Nearly," she managed to get out.

"Well, get up quickly, unless you want to starve."

With that, the orphanage manager walked away as Y/N heard him stomp down the stairs.

She lay there on her back for a few more seconds. Kids on their birthdays, usually would have a special party dedicated to them that was either organized by the parents or the kids themselves. She would get nothing of the sort.

She had been one when she had been dropped off on the orphanage's doorstep. All Mr. Brunson told her was that her mother was dead. He gave no clues as to her father's whereabouts or even if he was alive at all. Of course, she wouldn't be surprised if Mr. Brunson knew but simply didn't care to tell her where her father was; it wouldn't be the first time.

She had nobody to discuss the matter with, since she didn't have many friends at the orphanage. The only good thing about the orphanage, in fact, was the fact that Mr. Brunson would let the kids go out on walks. He didn't give them a specific curfew; but perhaps that was because he simply just didn't care to check that all of the kids were there. Hell, Y/N suspected she could be out until midnight and Mr. Brunson still wouldn't notice. It made the orphanage a little bit more tolerable - not much, but it was a little bit more tolerable than it would have been if she was cramped up in the orphanage all day.

Mr. Brunson was a cranky man; he had thinning gray hair even though he was only 31 and watery blue squinty eyes. None of the kids didn't know much about him; Y/N didn't know much about him either. However, something she did know was that Mr. Brunson hated children.

Correction: he only hated her.

Sometimes Mr. Brunson made her so mad that she just wanted to...

She caught sight of herself in the mirror. Her eyes were doing that again. They were flickering from sea green to red.

Sighing, she got out of bed and walked to her closet to get ready for the day. She only hoped that she would be able to go out for a walk after breakfast. She picked out her clothes for the day, walked back to the bed, spread her clothes out on the bed, and walked to the bathroom to shower.  One of the only good things about the orphanage were that each rooms had their own bathrooms.

After she'd finished showering, she peeked out of the bathroom door and made sure her bedroom door was locked, and walked out of the bathroom as fast as she could, and quickly changed into her new clothes. They were comfortable enough.

Y/N wasn't excited to go downstairs, but she knew that she had to go downstairs if she wanted breakfast today, so she reluctantly opened the bedroom door and walked out.