𝓨𝓮𝓪𝓻 1, 𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 14: 𝓣𝓱𝓻𝓸𝓾𝓰𝓱 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓣𝓻𝓪𝓹𝓭𝓸𝓸𝓻

i'm almost done with first year already! and 'twisted' has over 420 reads and 60 votes. when i started this book, i thought that i would get almost no reads and/or votes because barely anybody reads yandere harry potter stories, but when i checked my book i was very pleasantly surprised. thank you all. now, onto the second-to-last chapter of first year.

~ chapter fourteen: through the trapdoor ~

In years to come, Y/N would never quite remember how she had managed to get through her exams when she half-expected Voldemort to come bursting through the door at any moment. Yet the days crept by, and there could be no doubt that Fluffy was still alive and well behind the locked door.

It was sweltering hot, especially in the large classroom where they did their written papers. They had been given special, new quills for the exams, which had been bewitched with an Anti-Cheating spell.

They had practical exams as well. Professor Flitwick called them one by one into his class to see if they could make a pineapple tap dance across a desk. Professor McGonagall watched them turn a mouse into a snuffbox - points were given for how pretty the snuffbox was, but taken away if it had whiskers. Snape made them all nervous, breathing down their necks while they tried to remember how to make a Forgetfulness Potion.

Y/N did the best she could, trying to ignore the stabbing pains in her arm, which had been bothering her ever since her trip into the forest. Lavender Brown thought that Y/N had a bad case of exam nerves because Y/N couldn't sleep, but the truth was that Y/N kept being woken up by her old nightmare, except that it was now worse than ever because there was a hooded figure dripping blood in the nightmare.

Maybe it was because they hadn't seen what Harry and Y/N had seen in the forest, or because they didn't have scars burning on their forehead and arm, but Ron and Hermione didn't seem as worried about the Stone as Harry and Y/N. The idea of Voldemort certainly scared them, but he didn't keep visiting them in dreams, and they were so busy with their studying they didn't have much time to fret about what Snape or anyone else might be up to.

Their very last exam was History of Magic. One hour of answering questions about batty old wizards who'd invented self-stirring cauldrons and they'd be free, free for a whole wonderful week until their exam results came out. When the ghost of Professor Binns told them to put down their quills and roll up their parchment, Harry and Y/N couldn't help cheering with the rest.

"That was far easier than I thought it would be," said Hermione as they joined the crowds flocking out onto the sunny grounds. "I needn't have learned about the 1637 Werewolf Code of Conduct or the uprising of Elfric the Eager."

"See, 'Mione?" Y/N asked. "You study too much."

Hermione shot her a look. "It doesn't hurt to be prepared, does it?"

She always liked to go through their exam papers afterward, but Ron said this made him feel ill, so they wandered down to the lake and flopped under a tree. The Weasley twins and Lee were tickling the tentacles of a giant squid, which was basking in the warm shallows.

"No more studying," Ron sighed happily, stretching out on the grass. "You could look more cheerful, you both, we've got a week before we find out how badly we've done, there's no need to worry yet."

Harry was rubbing his forehead and Y/N was rubbing her forearm.

"I wish we knew what this means!" she burst out angrily. "My scar keeps hurting-" ("So does mine," Harry added), "-it's happened before, but never as often as this."