𝓨𝓮𝓪𝓻 2, 𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 12: 𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓟𝓸𝓵𝔂𝓳𝓾𝓲𝓬𝓮 𝓟𝓸𝓽𝓲𝓸𝓷

~ chapter twelve: the polyjuice potion ~

"Pansy, I'm fine," Draco said, irritated, for the fifth time that day. He was really starting to regret telling her about his dreams. "I'm telling you, they're just dreams."

"They don't seem to be 'just dreams', Draco," Pansy argued. "I don't know what they are, but whatever they are, they're not 'just dreams.'"

"Yes, well, I can't exactly just go up to Dumbledore and tell him, can I?" Draco spat, almost losing his patience with Pansy right then and there. 'I should have never told her about those stupid dreams.'

Draco had the same dreams almost every single night about the mysterious figure; he'd had them so often that he'd gotten out a journal his father had given him the past summer and written down some questions that he, when he wasn't doing homework, stayed up late pondering over.

He hadn't really meant to tell anyone about his dreams, more or less Pansy—the only reason she knew in the first place was he had accidentally blurted it out one day in the Slytherin common room. Of course, she insisted on knowing everything, and Draco—knowing she wouldn't shut up about it until he did what she asked and not wanting to risk anyone else knowing he was having these dreams—had grudgingly told her everything.

"Well, I don't see why not," Pansy said in a matter-of-fact tone, as if it were the easiest decision in the world.

Draco just stared at her with his mouth slightly agape. 'Should I send her to St. Mungo's?'

He shook himself out of his thoughts and said firmly, "Pansy, it's not that simple. I can't just go up to him and tell him about these dreams I've been having. Without any proof I'd be seen as completely mental."

"You're not as mental as Black, that's for sure," Pansy scoffed.

Draco raised an eyebrow. "How is she mental?"

"Look at me!" Pansy shrieked.

Draco closed his eyes and sucked in a breath through his teeth, trying to ignore the headache that was starting to form due to Pansy's yelling before opening his eyes again. "I'm looking at you, and...."

"And?" Pansy asked excitedly.

Draco gave her a fake smile. "I see no difference."

"Really?" Pansy yelled. "REALLY, DRACO?!"

"Calm down, woman." Draco closed his eyes so he could block out the headache and opened his eyes again. "What did she do?"

"She cut an inch of my hair off!" Pansy shrieked, slightly louder this time.

"Did she really?" Draco tilted his head, raising an eyebrow as he did so, his silver eyes scanning Pansy's hair. "Huh. I guess she did." He grinned as he tilted his head the right way. "Nice haircut, though."

"Really? 'Nice haircut?'" Pansy mocked. "That's the first thing you have to say after seeing what she's done to me?"

Draco sighed. "I don't know what else you want me to say, Pansy. I—I don't have anything else for you."

"I-I dunno, just—like—tell her off or something!" Pansy was desperate for any beneficial action done in her favor by her crush. Unfortunately for her, he wasn't having it.

He rubbed his temples. "Look Pansy, Black's my cousin. She hates me, and I... I..." He hesitated. There was absolutely no way he could tell this girl that he liked Y/N. There was no doubt that she'd start shouting again, and so, to save himself the headache, he hurriedly went on, "I can't just tell her off. That's not how any of this works, Pansy. Sooner or later, you'll have to understand that it's way more complicated than just simply telling Black off and going on my merry way."