𝓨𝓮𝓪𝓻 2, 𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 14: 𝓒𝓸𝓻𝓷𝓮𝓵𝓲𝓾𝓼 𝓕𝓾𝓭𝓰𝓮

~ chapter fourteen: cornelius fudge ~

also, i hope you liked that little poem harry wrote for y/n in the last chapter, i had to get creative and write it myself lmao- my brain cells hurt trying to think of a poem that wasn't cringe-worthy in the slightest- did y'all like it? idrk lmao- i mean it wasn't that bad right?

and also, keep the numbers harry used to sign his valentine in mind! they'll come up again in seventh year during horcrux hunting and they have a meaning if you squint, so theorize in the comments what you think the numbers mean. i'm actually interested to see what you think-

and if y'all are like 'ivy, why haven't you updated "my strange addiction" yet?', i decided once again to put it on hiatus until this book is finished, so you won't get the next part until-like-the next two years? (i'm sorryyyyyyyyy i'm just trying to think logically because of how long it's been since i updated this book 😭)

anyways, i'm sorry for stalling y'all so long. so without further ado, here is chapter fourteen of year two!

Harry, Ron, Hermione and I had always known that Hagrid had an unfortunate liking for large and monstrous creatures. I mean, look at our first year; he had tried to raise a dragon in his little wooden house, and it would be a long time before we forgot the giant, three-headed dog he'd christened 'Fluffy' living in the castle who had tried to kill us multiple times before. And if, as a boy, Hagrid had heard that a monster was hiding somewhere in the castle, I was quite sure he would have gone for any lengths for a glimpse of it. He had probably thought it was a shame that the monster had been cooped up for so long, and thought it deserved the chance to stretch its many legs; I could jut imagine the thirteen-year-old Hagrid trying to fit a leash and collar on it. But I was equally certain that Hagrid would never have meant to kill anybody. The Hagrid I knew would never mean to kill anyone, that was for sure. He was a teenager, after all. Teens do stupid stuff. I should know-you should have seen the things the teenagers at the orphanage did.

I was also starting to regret finding out how Riddle's diary worked; Ron and Hermione were making us recount what we'd seen until we were heartily sick of telling them and sick of the long, circular conversations that followed.

"It was Hagrid. Hagrid opened the Chamber of Secrets fifty years ago," Harry explained again.

"It can't be Hagrid," Hermione protested. "It just can't be."

"We don't even know this Tom Riddle," Ron agreed. "He sounds like a dirty rotten snitch to me."

"The monster killed someone, Ron," I countered. "What would any of us have done?"

"And it all adds up," Harry added. "Hagrid got expelled fifty years ago. Riddle got his award for special services to the school fifty years ago, and he got his award by catching the Heir of Slytherin and getting him expelled. And it's definitely no secret that he likes monsters."

"Look, Hagrid's our friend," Hermione suggested. "Why don't we just go and ask him about it?"

"That sounds like a cheerful visit," I said sarcastically. "'Hello, Hagrid. Tell us, have you been setting anything mad and hairy loose in the castle lately?'"

"Mad and hairy? Yeh wouldn' be talking about me now, would yeh?"

'Oh, shit.'