Not Again

Beyoncé's P.O.V

"Ma you can't be serious." I say.

"I'm not playing with you Beyonce. Get the hell out of my house and this time you're not allowed to come back." She said.

I sent a text to my best friend before packing up my stuff. This is the third time that she has kicked me out. This time I don't even know what for.

By the time I was done packing, I got a text letting me know that she was here. I grabbed my things walking out towards the door.

"Sis, where are you going?" My sister, Solange, asked me.

"Somewhere that's not here. Don't worry, I'll be fine." I reply.

She gave me a sympathetic hug. I hated that she always witnessed fights between our mother and me. She's so innocent.

But at the same time Solange is also our mothers favorite child. And that is evident. She's never picked fights with her like she does with me.

I gave her one last look before walking out the door. I put my stuff in the car hopping in the passenger seat.

"Tina is on that shit again, ain't she?" Onika questioned.

"She gotta be. That's the only time she does shit like this. This time she said I couldn't come back though." I respond.

"To hell with her. I've been telling you to come stay with me anyway. Now maybe you can finally focus on your studies." She replies.

"I do focus on school." I say.

She looked at me with a 'bitch be serious' face before looking back at the road. Honestly I haven't been taking college seriously lately. A lot of my classes are online and working in that house is almost impossible.

That house is just too chaotic. Especially when Tina is doing what she's doing. Long story short she's a drug addict. That tells you all you need to know.

When we pulled up Onika helped me with my bags. Walking inside I seen my cousins Kelly and Michelle.

"Aunt Tina back at it huh?" Kelly asked.

"You already know." I mumble.

I settled into Onika's guest bedroom. This is a much more quiet place than my mothers house. I opened up my laptop getting a lot of work done.

I'm a student at Texas Southern University. I only have a lot of online classes because of my mother. When I was in actual classes she always called or needed me for something.

I looked at the many unread emails that I had about past due loans. I used to get loans just to give her money. Little did I know I was feeding her addiction. Whole time I thought I was helping towards bills.

With all these past due loans, credit card bills, and student loans I'm in debt badly. I had a job once before as a Starbucks barista. It was okay for the most part but the money doesn't come fast enough.

I need something quick. I suddenly remembered the time Onika said she got paid over a thousand dollars just to deliver a single package. I should ask her what job that was.

After finishing up my last bit of work for the day, I took a quick shower. I put on a matching pajama set and put my hair in a bun.

I carefully knocked on the door to Nic's bedroom. After hearing the words "come in" I opened the door seeing her sitting at her desk.

"What's up?" She asked.

"Remember when you told me that you were making all that money to deliver packages? What job was that?" I asked sitting on her bed.

"Not a job that you should be doing. It was dangerous work. If you're in need of a job just look on Indeed or something." Onika answers.

"Nicki please I need this." I plead.

"I'm warning you that it's very dangerous but if you want to go through with it, be my guest. You know who Y/N Scott is?" She asked.

"Everyone does. She's like the most dangerous person in Houston." I reply.

"Try the most dangerous person in all of Texas, probably the whole country honestly. I was delivering packages for her and the rest of the BD's. It's a murderous business Bey. I stacked up my money and dipped." Onika says.

"What kind of packages and what is a BD?" I asked cluelessly.

"Drugs. Cocaine, heroin, Xanax, marijuana, shit you name it. And BD stands for Black Disciples. They're a gang. Y/N and her cousin Travis are the leaders. If you see anyone with a black bandana then they're apart of the BD's." She responds.

I don't want to get into all that. Although I do really need this money. I've never spoken to anyone about it but to keep it simple, I'm flat broke. You wouldn't think that based off how I live my life but it's the truth.

"Beyoncé look." Onika sighed. "If this is what you want to do then so be it. But I'll warn you about some things. Go through Y/N and not Travis. She's the better one of the two. Bu there's two things to know. You have to give her something in exchange and she's gonna test you to know that she can trust you."

"What did you give her in exchange? And what's the test?" I asked.

"I helped expand her business. I'm from Queens remember? I plugged her in with my people from over there. And she started me off with a ten thousand dollar delivery. She trusts that you're going to bring the money back. She knows the price of each package. Running off with her money is a certified death wish. Don't be that stupid because she will kill you." Onika said.

I thanked her after she told me where to find Y/N. This just seems like a lot. Very dangerous business to get involved with.

I went back into my room, for the time being, and laid down in the bed. I thought about everything Nic told me. I had a problem. I don't have anything to give her in exchange. Nic has connections, I don't.

And then it hit me. As much as I really didn't to make this offer, it was all I had. I need this money and I need it quickly.

Hopefully she'll accept it.

_____________

what y'all think Bey about to offer? it's kinda obvious.

Not Proofread

Until Next Time