Episode 10.2 | Unexpected Rejoin

[ Episode 10 - I am Chocolate ]

🕯️: candle pov

" One... " an unknown voice boomed throughout the dreadful island, who might that be?

"It's ME! and others. "MePhone jumped out, and happily announced to the rest of the soon-to-be contestants.

" Appreciated. " I simply responded, looking at Paintbrush and MePhone.

The rejected contestants took a deep sigh of relief, mostly not about the " bomb" they feared of.

" Today, all of you eliminated contestants have a shot of returning to the Inanimate Insanity Invitational! " He added, disregarding the event before.

" For the first of many times! " A cheery voice recording came out of a walkie-talkie that was strapped on a bark of a tree.

" Don't push it. You sold me on just ONE. " MePhone argued back at the inanimate speaker, as the islanders look at each other in confusion.

" Sometimes, I wonder why I was brought here. " Paintbrush looked down, grunting in annoyance.

_

" This challenge is a three-part race to test your brains, brawn, and transformation since your arrival! First, you must race across a balance beam. In the end, you will find a pile of rocks to use in the second stage, where you will knock a bag off of a tall pole. You will then bring your bag to the final station. Inside you'll find LETTER BLOCKS, which you will use to spell a SECRET WORD! The first eliminated contestant to stack this word EXACTLY will return to the game! " MePhone explained carefully, as to some of them, they weren't satisfied.

" Augh! The meshugana we have to deal with while the current players get to just sit around. " Tea Kettle complained angrily.

" I'll have you know I left them with some incredibly intense work to do! " MePhone lied confidently.

" Not true.. but I'll let that slide. " I squinted, MePhone shot a death glare at me before turning back to their usual mood.

" Anyway, I sent Walkie-Talkie exact instructions so the challenge would be ready upon our arrival. "
" — I took every word verbatim. Ready to go! " It vibrated excitedly.

" And what about us? " Paintbrush interrogated.
" — Ah, yes, you two are the key to the most important part of today's challenge! Just you wait. " Paintbrush gasps in glee after MePhone's word.

" Places, everyone! " He ordered.
_

Paintbrush plastered a big smile on their face, watching the challenge unfold, It seemed like they wanted to join in.

" You seem real eager to participate. "
" — Uh Yeah! Th- this is just what I needed! It might sound dumb but, since the team-swap I feel like I've just been... floating, ya'know? " Their expression faltered quickly, rubbing their arm.

" — Lacking purpose? "
" Right. "
" — And following this big change in the game, you've reflected on what else you would like changed.
"... Yeah, how'd you know-? " They respond, shocked.
" — And with your inability to guide the original Thinkers anymore, as well as your mixed perception of the, you long for the chance to play with both The Thinkers and Test Tube, with whom you can finally do— " I focused, holding my head whilst spitting information.
" Do something SUBSTANTIAL! Yes, all correct, Candle. I'll just keep my yap shut cause I'm so easily readable. RIGHT?! " They interrupted, ticked off.
" Ah, apologies. I too am eager for you to do whatever that substantial thing is. " I chuckled quietly, looking at them.