anguish

The three advanced, taking the sky-people out one by one, it seemed like every time they got one down, another came. Kireyi watched as Lo'ak headed towards a human boy, looking to Neteyam her look was questioning, but with the expression she received the girl nodded, instead scoping out the area.

Another human was running after them, knife in their hand. With their smaller stance it hadn't done much to help them as she easily took them out, "We need to go now!" Lo'ak screamed, their parents and the warriors had now joined the fight, helping cover for some of them.

"Follow me," Neteyam started running in the opposite direction, and the two followed him as gunshots continued, another came from the side, and Kireyi took note, going after him. Sweeping him by the feet, he dropped his gun, and the oldest boy picked it up, heading forward again. She finished the man off before following behind. They had reached a drop point for the ships and made way for the youngest, "Lo'ak, you go first, take Spider," Neteyam spoke.

"No, I'm not leaving without you two!" More of the sky-peopled surrounded the area, and they urged him to leave. 

"Go now!" The two boys dived into the water, and as Neteyam and Kireyi checked to make sure they got away, someone had been able to grab Neteyam from behind, making him release the gun in his grasp.

With a knife to his throat, Kireyi got into a stance ready to attack if they did anything hasty, so focused on the situation she didn't notice the person hiding from afar, "Kire-" A gunshot hit her leg. She dropped, grabbing the bleeding flesh in pain; the man holding Neteyam held the knife closer to his neck. Although stupid, he rushed to get out of the grasp. The boy flung himself forward, forcing the person to flip onto their back; he was in control now, pinning the man. Another shot. This time it hit Neteyam in the waist. Fortunately, he had been moving so much the bullet just grazed his side. Kireyi strained as she made herself get up, her body was filled with adrenaline, she immediately sought out the person shooting. Jumping forward at the person, the man was smaller- actually human, unlike whoever grabbed Neteyam. An Avatar is what the boy called it. The human continued to try and attack her, but the girls large strides beat him; taking hold of the gun in his hand, he kept a firm grip. Instead of trying to be tactical, she moved her hand to his wrist instead throwing him into the nearby wall.

Looking back, she instantly ran to Neteyam; he had knocked out the person- or Na'vi. Whatever it was, Kireyi knew it wasn't one of them, and that's all her mind could wrap around in the moment. She stopped staring at it for a second more.

"There's more of them!" Kireyi looked around at his statement, trying to find an escape; it didn't seem like there was one other than the water drop. But if they had jumped now, so much could've gone wrong. The two inched closer to each other, their backs pressed against one another, and they circled, watching the sky people close in. No one had made a move; surprisingly, it seemed silent for a moment.

"What do we do now...." She whispered, her voice gave up on her faltering. Her breath was shaky, and Neteyam tapped his finger on her arm; even at this moment, he still took the time to try and calm her.

"Follow my lead, we can take them," She stayed silent for a moment, he knew she was defiant, "Come on, Kireyi, I need my fighter right now," Kireyi calmed her breath at the statement.

Still, nothing had happened yet, but they were getting closer, "Okay.... give me your knife, and I'll get you a gun."

His finger tapped her arm this time with expectation, and she immediately knew that it was time. As soon as the two moved, everything seemed to speed up. Neteyam quickly passed her his blade so she bore two, and in return, she got him the gun she promised. They stayed close to each other, covering for one another when needed. For once, the numbers of people started to falter, yet so did their wounds. Kireyi's leg had been bleeding heavily, and both were covered in cuts and, although not now, definitely bruises for later.