reunion

"I'm so sorry.... please it's all my fault-" Lo'ak choked out a sob to his older brother, hugging him securely. The young boy had been filled with feelings of guilt and worry, if he hadn't seen Neteyam soon it would've consumed him.

He savored his brother's warm hug, and couldn't stop crying. He had been holding it all in, but once his eyes set on his brother it came flooding out. Neteyam realized, continuing to console the boy, "It's okay Lo'ak.... shhh it's okay."

His hand rubbed his younger brother's shoulder, and all in all- Neteyam hadn't minded the tears slipping down his shoulder as Lo'ak cried, "You are my brother, I'm sorry for my harsh words.... I'm so sorry Teyam."

Neteyam tried not to tense as Lo'aks grasp became tighter, if he showed discomfort from the pain he knew the younger boy would feel worse. They continued to hold each other, and although Kireyi was in the room none of the three minded. She set her attention to the small bracelet she was threading, as her arms were the only adequate part of her body. The older boy continued shushing his brother, "I know Lo'ak, mawey," Neteyam mimicked his mother, rocking himself and Lo'ak back and forth. After a few minutes Lo'ak had finally calmed, slipping out of the hug, his eyes were pink from all of the crying.

Yet again he whispered another sorry, and Neteyam held his brother's arm, "Lo'ak, I followed you on my own account, none of this is your fault."

"But- if I had just stayed here, if I didn't go for spider-"

"Spider is our family, no?" Lo'ak tensed at the question.

"He is."

Neteyam let out a small sigh before his next words, "And Payakan, he is a brother to you, just like me." He watched his brother's face turn to guilt, immediately turning to reassure him, "And that is okay Lo'ak."

The younger's eyes were stuck on Neteyam's hand, "We are okay? You are okay?" Lo'ak asked, as if the older boy hadn't really been beside him.

"I swear," Neteyam reached out his arm pulling his brother's head back to his shoulder, Lo'ak's arms settled around Neteyam's left arm hugging tight. The older boy could only be thankful his left arm wasn't injured badly compared to his right. As he held Lo'ak he could see how much the boy had matured in less than two days, his body held himself soundly, and emotionally he seemed to have grown. He knew that this incident was the breaking moment for the young boy, it had genuinely taught him a lesson, "You did good out there Lo'ak, I am proud."

Lo'ak held his arm firm now, and Neteyam had known those were words the boy needed to hear. They silently sat together for a few minutes before Lo'ak got up to speak to Kireyi. The older boy silently watched, understanding it was a needed moment for Lo'ak.

"Thank you, for fighting for us- coming with," He was shy thanking Kireyi, but he had meant every part. She looked up to him with a nurturing expression.

Of course, I should thank you for taking care of Tsireya. You kept her safe.

Lo'ak paused, "That was nothing, it needed to be done."

Well.... I could say the same then too.

He softly chuckled at her response taking her into a grateful hug, "Thank you."

After allowing Lo'ak to be the exception, their father's were next to see the two. Immediately making way to their kids they sat close, "Come here," Neteyam's father said, bringing the boy in, "I'm so glad you're okay...."

Neteyam sighed in his father's embrace, enjoying the moment. Although his mother gave peace, and tranquility to the boy, his father gave him a sense of shelter, something unchanging and strong. Unlike Lo'ak or Neteyam's mother, Jake was quiet as he held his son. Neteyam didn't care much, happy enough to see his father, "We will talk much more when you are all healed up." Neteyam faintly hummed, and his father held him closer, like he would disappear if he let go of the boy.