shallow

"Can you hear me, corporal? Yeah... I think you can," Jake froze, listening to the intercom, "I've got your daughters. Same deal as before."

His emotions went numb as he looked around, in all honesty the man's eyes couldn't focus on anything to really see, "Your sisters. Where are your sisters?"

Lo'ak had gone to speak before Tsireya cut him off, "They're on the ship- they're tied up on the ship." Her voice stammered as she cried.

"Come on, Jake, give me something. You wouldn't want them to end up like your other two kids, right?" His eyes filled with purpose at the marine's statement. Walking towards Neytiri, he took her hand; she was sobbing from the anger that passed through her.

"Come on, we need to go- they have our daughters," He placed a hand on her shoulder as she screamed, the mother was angry, "I need you with me right now, strong heart."

Neytiri looked her husband in the eyes, "Strong heart," It was silent as the two looked to each other, his hand laying flat against her heart, "Let's go get our daughters back, okay?"

She was silent as she got up. Grabbing her bow, she got onto her Ikran, taking off far into the sky. 

"They're at the moonpool," Spider spoke to the man, with a look of confusion a Jake took the boy by the shoulder.

"Come with, show me," Jake followed on his Direhorse heading to the ship. This left Tsireya and Lo'ak with their older siblings; the two sat beside each other, ensuring their siblings were okay. The boy comforted Tsireya as she cried, he felt horrible bringing so many people into this and getting so many hurt. The two sat huddled together, waiting for his parent's return.

It only took a few minutes for Lo'ak to chase after his own family, to restless and guilty to sit and do nothing. Tsireya stuck with her sister and Neteyam, checking their pulse here and there.

⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

(play "requiem" by sam dotia. you will need to replay)

In and out, push and pull. Her breath's resembled short ocean waves- seafoam bubbles popping with tension. Kireyi's breath was quick- short. Even faint. The water's waves seemed to try and comfort the girl, slowly rising to kiss her feet, then it would hide away a few seconds more before coming back. Kireyi mimicked the water, slipping in and out of consciousness, waking, but falling out of it before fully staying cognizant. Her breath copying the bubbles in the water, filling and popping just as quick as it came. As she finally awoke it hadn't mattered how much pain she was in, her head turning to see if Neteyam was near. If he was safe. She didn't even hear her sister speaking to her, pulse moving so quick her hearing was dim. Kireyi made it seem vital to reach the boy, and even with the torturous pain filling her body. She moved. She used every bit of strength left to be near the forest boy, to feel his skin on hers, to know he was really okay. Her hand felt his warm skin, and she finally stopped moving when her body was next to his own, head resting on his arm, and hands wrapped around his forearm. She leaned into his embrace before surrendering to that deep sleep again.

Tsireya watched as it happened, and couldn't help but cry more at the sight. Her older sister meant everything to her, to see her fight so hard for someone filled her with both joy and grief. Yet she wasn't angry at her sister, or Neteyam. If anything she was angry about the sky-people, how selfish and cruel they could be, how much they put not only Lo'ak's family and Kireyi through, but all the other Na'vi. She moved closer to her sister, kneeling next to the older girl and softly brushing her hands through her hair. Tsireya hadn't known if it would comfort her sister more- didn't even know if she could feel it. But she hoped she had, that it allowed for more peace to fill her body.

Neteyam awoke and also looked around for Kireyi, when he spotted her, his body relaxed. Unlike the girl, he could move somewhat. He uncomfortably shifted himself closer to her, straight on his back, staring at the sky. Eclipse was soon, and he tried to calm himself as his body instantly filled with pain at the movements.

A soft voice filled his ears, "Are you awake Neteyam?" He knew he couldn't move anymore, so he hummed in response, that action alone filling him with soreness, "Everyone will be back soon.... just rest. We will get you and Kireyi home safe."

Neteyam wanted to cry at that word, "home," more than anything that's where he wanted to be. He wanted back in the jungle, to hear the bugs buzz, and birds chirp. To hear the leaves always rustling in the soft winds, and the smell of fresh wet soil. The word brought a harsh bittersweet taste.... smell. Memory. He closed his eyes, reminiscing his old home, and although it brought a swelling feel to his chest, it was calming, and peaceful. He felt as Kireyi stayed snug against his arm, and even if it was the last thing he did, he wasn't going to move. The boy too fell into another deep sleep, letting his own home take him just as Kireyi's did.