apologies

Tonowari helped his son wrap up his foot, and Kireyi ventured off to get some herbs for his cuts. She came back, taking a seat next to her brother, holding two flat rocks; she started to crush the plants into a paste; her eyes stuck on Itewa and his stupid friends. She thanked her mother for teaching her so well, or she'd be fearing about her brother's cuts like crazy by now. Her father and his men got lunch ready for everyone passing it out one by one. Tonowari held back one of his men so he could see his kids instead. Kneeling, he observed his daughter placing the paste on her brother's wounds, "Who was it?" He whispered to his children.

Kireyi's voice was low, still trying to stay calm, "Itewa and his friends," She looked up to her father, and her eyes squinted for a second in frustration, "Let me go against him tomorrow father, you wouldn't want me to fight him normally so let me dual." Kireyi's voice was quiet.

"My girl.... this is not the way of a warrior," He said, and her ears went down in desperation.

"Please father, one lesson, then no more," He sighed, he knew the boy deserved it, so he nodded.

"One time, if he continues I will handle the rest, alright?" She looked at her father in agreement.

Sheepishly she looked down, "Can I please make him apologize in front of everyone...." Tonowari gave her a look, the word "really" spoken through his eyes, "Please, father?" She urged.

"Fine," It seemed like Itewa's wake-up call would be soon. That's if he even had the wit to learn from his mistake. Kireyi smiled as her brother chuckled.

"You're crazy Reyi," He said, laughing.

"I haven't hit him yet, I think I'm doing alright- skxawng...." She retaliated, and their father shook his head at his two children. Tsireya made her way over with a few more herbs sitting with her family.

"How are you brother?" She asked, her voice was light with a tint of worry.

"I'm alright, sis, thanks," The younger girl smiled at her brother, helping her sister crush more herbs.

Her father urged his children to eat up before he started the next task. A few of the "trainees" hadn't gotten their branches yet, one being Aonung. His father told him he could return the next day to retrieve it.

Rounding everyone up, he started explaining how to carve the branches, "You first need to make the base round and even throughout the whole length. Leave the branch thick enough to engrave your carvings, do not worry about the ends yet. I will show you how to carve and prepare the blades when the time comes."

Lo'ak slightly raised his hand, "How will we know it's even, or like- balanced?"

"Place it onto your hand under the middle of the spear, if it tilts, then carve the heavier side until it balances evenly," The young boy nodded; it seemed easy enough.

The explanation hadn't lasted long before everyone was allowed back to their branches, Kireyi sat near Neteyam, where they left their wood. The rest of the group joined the two, circling, "How's Aonung?" Lo'ak asked.

"Bro.... I'm literally right here?" Aonung retorted at the younger ones' question.

"Right. So how are you?" He smiled, trying to avert his earlier remark.

"Fine, invisible it seems," Kiri laughed, covering her mouth, "Seriously?" He asked.

"Sorry...." She mumbled, and with a look to Rotxo, the two burst out laughing, the rest of the group had joined in, other than Aonung and Lo'ak.

"Bro, you too?" Lo'ak asked his older brother as he laughed.

"Sorry," He said, trying to contain his laughter.