1. playing catch-up

[somewhere in Mexico]

The plan to save Derek from hunters was a plan Lulu had mistakenly left to a group of teenagers she'd never met. Their plan was to send two of their friends to speak to the head of the hunters and offer her a lot of money in exchange for Derek. While a human and banshee meet with Araya Calavera, two wolves, a coyote, and a kitsune were inside the Calavera Club doing their best to blend in with all the dancing bodies.

It all went downhill when the Calavera hunters found out they were there in the club and sought them out. Naturally, they kicked the hunter's asses before making their way into a hallway that would lead to the main office.

Being able to hear the blaring horns from inside the club made the supernatural being unaware of the fog emitting from the ground of the hallway. With hesitant steps, they continue their trek only for the noticeable fog to fall from the ceiling. The wolves and coyote started to be affected by the wolfsbane-laced fog while the kitsune wasn't.

The hunters really left nothing up to chance and surrounded the kitsune before she could fight her way out. The last thing Lulu hears before the wolfsbane makes her lose consciousness is Scott telling the Calavera matriarch, "You don't know where he is either"

●・○・●・○・●・○・●・○・●

The teens all walk into the restaurant two miles away from where they were meant to be by midday, only having a few hours to cement their plan. Only two of the five teens make it into the restaurant looking for a specific person they'd only heard speak over the phone

"Derek gets kidnapped by hunters and we call a total stranger?" Stiles shouts in a whisper the few people in the establishment turning to look their way

"Derek made sure I knew she was his emergency contact. This is an emergency," Scott repeats once again as Stiles was the only one not on board with asking a complete stranger for help

They looked around wondering who was the woman they talked on the phone with. The teens couldn't tell who they were supposed to be looking for but Lulu knew exactly who they were once they walked through the door because those two California teens stood out.