9. hospital sleeps

[somewhere in Beacon Hills]

Finding Braeden rather than Staomi's pack was not the plan, but having it happen meant they rushed to the hospital. Even though Derek was losing his abilities that did not mean he was not strong, because he carried the injured and passed-out mercenary to the car and then the hospital doors. Luckily for Lulu and Derek, Scott's mom was working a shift and was their nurse

Lulu had fallen asleep on the hospital chair next to Derek and in that blissful state of sleep, she'd let her head fall on Derek's shoulder. At first, he'd tensed up but each slow breath Lulu let out calmed him. It's something he'd slowly started to realize each night she'd been staying with him, he just tended to sleep better knowing she was around. At first he thought it was just because he was losing his werewolf abilities and she still had hers, but that wasn't it.

He'd tried pushing her away before she got even more entangled in his world which would only harm her. With every time he pushes her away, she stands her ground making sure he knew she was staying - she'd given him her word. From all the times he did have his abilities and he'd listen to when she would talk; she never lied.

The door abruptly opens making Derek stand up as Melissa walks in while Lulu opens her eyes but sits up at the sudden loss of support.

"What's that?" Derek asks the nurse who'd walked in with a covered needle and gloves.

"Naloxone. We need to wake her up." Melissa answers pressing the drug into the sleeping woman's IV

There was a tone of urgency in Melissa's voice that made Lulu stand up and Derek ask, "I thought you said she needed to rest?"

"That was before I found out the CDC just put the high school under quarantine with Scott and Stiles still in there." Melissa informs the two of what they'd missed as the school quarantine was that day's highest-reported news

Braeden jolts awake sitting up on the bed trying to move but it hurt to do so. Melissa needing answers does her best to center the mercenary, "Braeden, look at me-- you were shot, but you're in the hospital, and you're fine. Do you understand?"